Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trialists

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ashby and Butters will know eachothers games like the back of their hands which will be NICE.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately, the only backs they will be seeing is the back of opposition forwards as they race through on goal...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
dave the gaffer said:
without wishing to be castigated, I am also concerned that we have a defence with Tank ( 34 ish) Dodds( 35 ish) Ashby( 35ish) Mayo (late 40's)

Replacing Virgo (20ish) and Hammond ( 20 ish)

:glare:

I thought we sold Harding. Where did Hammond go???

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Pavilionaire said:
Unfortunately, the only backs they will be seeing is the back of opposition forwards as they race through on goal...

Bang on. This has to be Butter's idea and it's not a good one. We can't, simply can't sign Ashby. We'd have the slowest central defensive partneship in the entire league let alone the Championship. As I said in an earlier post, I don't know why we're even bothering with him. Shows how desperate we are.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Sneaky George said:
Bang on. This has to be Butter's idea and it's not a good one. We can't, simply can't sign Ashby. We'd have the slowest central defensive partneship in the entire league let alone the Championship. As I said in an earlier post, I don't know why we're even bothering with him. Shows how desperate we are.
Thats what happens when you try and sign players far to late in the season.Its our own fault as per usual:censored:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
y2dave said:
MM has said all along the Harding tribunal has delayed his efforts to bring new players in. We got confirmation yesterday and he wants to add faces over the next month. We won't have them all before Derby. Now he knows what money is available we could be looking at contracted players and not freebies who need to prove themselves on trial. The Tribunal timing has really hampered our efforts to bring players but not taking the 250k Leeds offered has been proved a good decision.
We get 1.5 million for virgo and hardings money holds us up,what a complete pile of crap:lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
how can people write off Ashby when they haven't seen him play? He's a solid pro and has an understanding with butters, he will do till xmas.

The way things have been going in the pre season friendlies we are looking damage limitation anyway at the moment.

Stop being so demanding

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You've got to get the right blend of players. I'm happy with Dodd and Butters but if you throw in Ashby and Mayo then even the staunchest Albion fan would have to say pace is an issue...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Pavilionaire said:
You've got to get the right blend of players. I'm happy with Dodd and Butters but if you throw in Ashby and Mayo then even the staunchest Albion fan would have to say pace is an issue...

pace is not so much an issue in a 5 man defence, but you are right and I'm sure Mcghee will rectify soon enough.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
dwayne said:
pace is not so much an issue in a 5 man defence, but you are right and I'm sure Mcghee will rectify soon enough.
In the next 7 days i hope,we look a shambles in places yet just a week to go grrrrr.Just hope these friendlies are nothing:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In my opinion we need a partner for Butters who will play a minimum of 30 game. If that man is Ashby we're more likely to go down.

I'd honestly rather start with Elphick than Ashby.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If Ashby, then why not Cullip?... he also works well with Butters, and is actually a bit younger than Mr Ashby...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
How many more times? Because a) Cullip was a "dfficult" character and b) we can't afford his wages. So please no more talk about Cullip. It won't happen!

Anyway he's off to Forest.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Race said:
and who said it was his idea?

Given that Butters played with Ashby for a long time at Gillingham and that we're "desperate" to get another Centre back in, you don't have to be a genius to work out that Butters has obviously had a word with McGhee about this player.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sneaky George said:
Given that Butters played with Ashby for a long time at Gillingham and that we're "desperate" to get another Centre back in, you don't have to be a genius to work out that Butters has obviously had a word with McGhee about this player.

If Race sais it wasnt Tanks idea then it wasnt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here