Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trendy Brighton Parents

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
You know the sort, call their kids names like joshua or thai names noone can pronounce because the kid was conceived there while they were travelling, have 3 wheeled buggies and a cool relaxed attitude to parenting (i.e their kids runs around like a turd bothering everyone and climbing over stuff but are 'expressing' themselves).

Irritating.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Joshua isn't a trendy name! It's a solid Hebrew name.

My son has a Tarquin (and a Cornelius) in his class at school.

I don't think allowing your children to run around and make a nuisance of themselves is a cool relaxed mode of parenting, I think it's the lazy parents way out of parenting.

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
Starry said:
Joshua isn't a trendy name! It's a solid Hebrew name.

My son has a Tarquin (and a Cornelius) in his class at school.

I don't think allowing your children to run around and make a nuisance of themselves is a cool relaxed mode of parenting, I think it's the lazy parents way out of parenting.
Tarquin:lolol: You must be kidding me !:lolol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I wish I was. He is a good kid, they call him Quinn mostly. But Cornelius? Not only did his parents lumber him with that name, he is 'that' kid that every class has that just doesn't fit in :( I feel bad for him!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Jimbo26 said:
Trendy muppets who probably earn a fortune. Lentil eating tosspots !!!. Give a child a good strong name like DAVE or JIM or TARQUIN !!!!:angry:

JIM :thumbsup:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Les Biehn said:
You know the sort, call their kids names like joshua or thai names noone can pronounce because the kid was conceived there while they were travelling, have 3 wheeled buggies and a cool relaxed attitude to parenting (i.e their kids runs around like a turd bothering everyone and climbing over stuff but are 'expressing' themselves).

Irritating.

The tossers who pierce their kids ears piss me off. As if the kid actually wants to have their ears pierced. Twats.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Les, are you Richard Littlejohn in disguise?

Not a bad rant though, definitely a 7/10.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Les Biehn said:

Irritating.

Good. Proper stoned-out old-skool Brightonians. Friend of a friend who was an ex-Pink Floyd roadie who lived down by the Lewes Road called his daughter Parody Tralala. An ex-workmate called his twin girls Tarragon & Coriander. and a special mention to the proud parents who were taken aback in the eighties when the registrar of births, deaths and marriages refuesd to register their newborn as Beelzebub.

Better by a country mile to have the freaks, the geeks and the acid-heads than the charm-free child-free metrosexuals moving into *cough* The New England Quarter and turning Brighton into a bland dormitory town, sorry CITY.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Buzzer said:
What about Thomas and Gabriel then?

I'd hate to think that I wasn't a trendy midle class parent.

I'm a chav according to someone on here, I forget who, but because we chose a princess name for our daughter that = chav!

My baby would have been a Gabriel had she been a boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here