Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling/working abroad

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
im looking to go travelling, and work abroad for 6months/a year and need some inspiration! Which areas of the world have you been travelling in? and did you work whilst on your travels?

Any tips? ideas?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
get to india...no need to work as its so cheap. amazing food, amazing things to do, amazing smells and colours.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
worked in spain for a long time, Just outside Barcelona. Loved the first few weeks after that become hell on earth.

I wont even go back to Spain now i hated it that much.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
What was so bad.?

Oddly i love England so much even if i do slag it off. Cost of living far outways what you earn.

And i just missed home to much. Barcelona is beautiful but i couldn't live anywhere else but England.

Last edited:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Oddly i love England so much even if i do slag it off. Cost of living far outways what you earn.

And i just missed home to much. Barcelona is beautiful but i couldn't live anywhere else but England.

seagulls

Felt the same in Australia. After 10 months out there i was ready to come home. Mixed time out there, but it made me realize i love my own country.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
worked in spain for a long time, Just outside Barcelona. Loved the first few weeks after that become hell on earth.

You are Mark Hughes and I claim my £5.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

i know where your coming from,went to the french town where my misses is from for about 15 years,thought it was lovely jubbly

then i tried living there and quickly became to hate it

if your not planning on going to an english speaking country,then try to learn as much as the language as poss,can't underestimate that enough

agree also,you quickly realise england is the greatest country in the world

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
if your not planning on going to an english speaking country,then try to learn as much as the language as poss,can't underestimate that enough

Let's be honest, you haven't really got the hang of English yet.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

quality lyrics

The red in the flag is the blood that was spilt
In the way that your forefathers tell
And never a country been so great
The stories Britannia coud tell

I never want to live my life
Away from the golden shores
There's never a country in the world
With the scent of an English rose

England, oh England, a country so great
The land of so fair and so true
There'll never be any colours like
The red, the white and the blue

Whenever you go to the far off shores
Ther's something that goes with you
The pride and the joy and the love that comes
From your mother of red, white and blue

You cold never be born under a flag that's like
The one of a Union Jack
St.George's spirit has never died
It all keeps coming back

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I did a 5 month stint with eurocamp 9 years ago that was great fun. I did Croatia first and then Venezia. It was naff pay 120 Euro's a week but it was worth it.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I did 6 months in Moscow (not recomended) in 2008, and then for my troubles did 2 years in Shanghai.

Its all about the emerging markets darlings.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
If you have a degree Vietnam or Cambodia are still viable options for casual esl teaching without a work visa. You won't get rich but you'll cover your expenses comfortably unless you're a complete animal.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I lived and worked in Sydney for a year - great city. But like the previous poster said, made me appreciate living in Europe a hell of a lot more when I came back...

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Two words.

Ski Rep!

Best job in the world, and if you can't ski or board yet you will be able to by the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here