Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers, what do we do with them ?

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
The New Age travellers are the ones who irritate me, rather than those of a romany/tinker background. Want to opt out of society, but are happy to claim benefits paid for by society, seek hospital treatment when ill, use roads paid for by rest of society etc. Either go the whole hog and live in a teepee in the Welsh mountains, with no contact with the rest of us, or f*** off.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Billy the Fish said:
They managed it ok at football matches

Totally different situation, its relatively easy to police public disorder at a Football match, because few people are determined enough to cause serious injury to police officers, and few are stupid enough to turn up armed with a knife.

OB know full well, if they wade into a pikey camp they will face knives and weapons on a whole different scale, even guns, being used by people who are would not bat an eyelid to use them, and really can fight dirty.

Pikeys protect their caravans and camps with booby traps as they tend to stash very large sums of money in them, and are prepared to fight with everything to protect it.

Pavilionaire said:
Surely other countries have this problem and there must be some best practice out there we can potentially copy?

I know for a fact the Germans had a very effective policy when dealing with gypsies.

The Nazis, not Germans but the nazis, also had an 'effective' policy when 'dealing' with jews. Do you suggest we copy that as well?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I hate them, mainly because the ones that were at Wild Park kept using the showers at Mouslecoomb Leisure Centre, making a mess, pissing on the floor and shitting in lockers.

2 of them had a massive row with staff when it got changed to members only

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Pavilionaire said:
Surely other countries have this problem and there must be some best practice out there we can potentially copy?

I know for a fact the Germans had a very effective policy when dealing with gypsies.
Sorry but why is everyone jumping all over this comment. Are people really that sad that they wait for someone to make a comment that can be loosely connected to nazi germany, and then make out as if they've said something wrong. He quite obviously meant in current times you utter, utter fuckwits.

Billy the Fish said:
Sorry but why is everyone jumping all over this comment. Are people really that sad that they wait for someone to make a comment that can be loosely connected to nazi germany, and then make out as if they've said something wrong. He quite obviously meant in current times you utter, utter fuckwits.
Bollocks he did. What part of the word HAD refers to present times. HAD is PAST tense.

D

Deleted member 2719

chip said:
If that was the lot at Hunters Race or by the airfield then the still seem to be around. They are thieving violent scum who should be sent back to Ireland after all their possesions have been confiscated. Unfortunately, Ireland got fed up with their antics and harrassed them enough that they came here.

Yes the one's near the airfield smelly scum.

Just happens we had people calling to see if we wanted any tree work or hedges cut those weeks and when you spoke to them there eyes were just looking all around.

Perhaps they had lazy eyes or they were just thieving pikey scum that need running out of town!

What we need is a few land mines planted in a farmer field then signpost it "all pikeys this way"!!

:lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Billy the Fish said:
Are you a mindreader? I think that's a load of shit, no offence.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Man of Harveys said:
Are you a mindreader? I think that's a load of shit, no offence.
None taken. Mabye i'm wrong and he did mean it like that, but it still pisses me off that people on here are always itching to find some kind of nazi, racist or anti muslim undertone that doesn't exist, it stifles debate. It was also a fair point about other countries methods.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
readingstockport said:
Bollocks he did. What part of the word HAD refers to present times. HAD is PAST tense.

Clearly the comment was tongue in cheek, lighten up.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Billy the Fish said:
None taken. Mabye i'm wrong and he did mean it like that, but it still pisses me off that people on here are always itching to find some kind of nazi, racist or anti muslim undertone that doesn't exist, it stifles debate. It was also a fair point about other countries methods.

Give that man some plankton, agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here