Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel vouchers to the Amex

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm hoping that the "book" of vouchers will be valid indefinitely and the individual vouchers won't be for individual matches, as I invisage walking half of the time, but getting public transport the other half. Ideally, the vouchers would be 50p and cover journeys to or from the stadium, so that you could get the bus there and walk back, or whatever.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Travel vouchers would have to be included in price of ticket for away fans surely, if not how will they get from the car parks if we've got to have them. S ame for the train.

Travel vouchers would have to be included in price of ticket for away fans surely, if not how will they get from the car parks if we've got to have them. S ame for the train.

Whilst the Club has still to issue any information itself on the transport arrangements it is clear from the Sussex University website that their campus car parks will be restricted to home STHs, corporate and hospitality attendees who have pre-booked a space. The Bennetts Field planning application for a temporary (3 year) car park adjacent to the stadium specifies that this car park will be for attendees who have pre-booked hospitality packages. These are the only "on-site" car parks that the club seems to have available (subject to planning approval) at the moment to meet the original stadium planning requirement of 2,000-2,200. None of these would seem to be available to away fans unless they've booked a hospitality package (if such is available to them) but in any case all users will need to pay in advance for a C/P ticket so won't need a travel voucher. Away fans could also just pay the going rate on the train and bus, arrangements at the P&R could be a pain without a travel voucher for the reasons mentioned in earlier posts. Still, now there's only 38 days to wait before the first game.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Whilst the Club has still to issue any information itself on the transport arrangements it is clear from the Sussex University website that their campus car parks will be restricted to home STHs, corporate and hospitality attendees who have pre-booked a space. The Bennetts Field planning application for a temporary (3 year) car park adjacent to the stadium specifies that this car park will be for attendees who have pre-booked hospitality packages. These are the only "on-site" car parks that the club seems to have available (subject to planning approval) at the moment to meet the original stadium planning requirement of 2,000-2,200. None of these would seem to be available to away fans unless they've booked a hospitality package (if such is available to them) but in any case all users will need to pay in advance for a C/P ticket so won't need a travel voucher. Away fans could also just pay the going rate on the train and bus, arrangements at the P&R could be a pain without a travel voucher for the reasons mentioned in earlier posts. Still, now there's only 38 days to wait before the first game.

He's talking about Park and Ride. I reckon away fans will have theirs included in their ticket price.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I wait with baited breath to hear from the club how the transport of fans to the stadium will work. having read this thread, we are all suggesting answers and problems but somehow the park and ride has to be paid for and I don't think the club is going to run it free.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Away at Elland Road a few seasons back our travel voucher attached to the match ticket had a black felt-tip cross marked on it which meant having to pay a bus fare whereas all the Leeds fans got on board the buses for nothing. If you're travelling by train from the other end of the country to Falmer 99% of away fans will plan the route without taking into consideration a voucher will save them a couple of quid so I dont think they'll be included in the ticket price. If P&R buses are cashless all it needs are a few car park stewards taking money and handing over a ticket or eventually machines dispensing tickets with just one person overseeing the machines are working.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here