Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel vouchers to the Amex

There seems to be very little news on this.

Coming from Shoreham, until now I was undecided how I was going to travel to the Amex, however after doing a trial run on the train today with the kids (lucky enough to see the sign go up!) it took me just 26 minutes from Shoreham to Falmer and just 3 minutes more to be in the ground.

This is actually less time than it took me to drive from Shoreham, park at my mates flat (luckilly they lived at Mandalay Court on London road) and then walk to the ground.

So, the train it is for me. How long I have to wait for a train home might change my mind, but I doubt it, as I don't see many other options.

Anyhow, we are 1 adult and 2 kids. Younger kid may miss some evening games.

The train for 2 of us is £5.40 and £6.40 for the 3. Am I right in thinking that for £1, we can get £3 worth of travel?

If so, it would appear than I could buy 2 season long travel vouchers for £46 (2 x 23 games) and if just the 2 of us go, the fare is covered and if there are 3 of us, I just need to pay 40p to someone, somewhere?

Am I along the right tracks or am i deluded. Is there a link to something official of traveling?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree I wish the club would let us know the details.

My understanding is the new vouchers will give exactly the same "free" travel as the old ones, but cost £1 per game

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I agree I wish the club would let us know the details.

My understanding is the new vouchers will give exactly the same "free" travel as the old ones, but cost £1 per game

That was the last word from Martin Perry on the Albion Roar a few months ago. The voucher will operate as it has done till now, the only difference being the £1 per game charge as opposed to it being included with your season ticket.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
So how does this work for us supporters coming from say Littlehampton ? We have to buy the vouchers at £1 per game and get free travel from Shoreham ??

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That was the last word from Martin Perry on the Albion Roar a few months ago. The voucher will operate as it has done till now, the only difference being the £1 per game charge as opposed to it being included with your season ticket.
What about those who haven't got season tickets?

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
From what I gather chatting to the ticket office you will be issued a book of tickets at roughly £1 a game (price is still TBA), you tear of a voucher for the game and hand it to the park & ride driver for both journeys.. I think they are using the bendy buses for match days as they have been practising with them over the last few weeks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Says who? Will away fans will have to buy an entire book too?

Away fans would get a train ticket to Falmer or arrive by coach or if they use the P&R pay cash wouldn't they? Just like our supporters using the P&R who don't buy the vouchers.

Or the club might charge a bit extra for there ticket to include the P&R.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry but where did you get all this from?

I don't get why you are concerned about away fans who wouldn't need vouchers. Fans from Leeds for example would purchase a rail ticket from Leeds (or their start point) to Falmer, they would purchase a coach ticket from their start point to Falmer, no voucher required. Car users would presumably have to pay for the P&R.

The ? at the end of my sentence shows I am guessing because the club won't relaease the details

I don't get why you are concerned about away fans who wouldn't need vouchers. Fans from Leeds for example would purchase a rail ticket from Leeds (or their start point) to Falmer, they would purchase a coach ticket from their start point to Falmer, no voucher required. Car users would presumably have to pay for the P&R.

The ? at the end of my sentence shows I am guessing because the club won't relaease the details

I don't personallly care about travel arrangements for away fans but the club is saying that they want to make a visit to the Amex a pleasure for all and want encourage visitors to return? That is a fair enough view imo.
Perhaps a Leeds supporter from Crawley or Croydon or Horsham would buy a return rail ticket to Haywards Heath and then use a travel voucher for the remainder or an away supporter might want to use a bus from Brighton to Falmer 'cos the trains are going to be so crammed. No-one's said that TV's will be for home fans only - in fact, as you rightly say, no-one at the club has said very much at all. Never mind, only 40 days to the first ramp up game......................

Away fans would get a train ticket to Falmer or arrive by coach or if they use the P&R pay cash wouldn't they? Just like our supporters using the P&R who don't buy the vouchers.

Or the club might charge a bit extra for there ticket to include the P&R.
When I spoke with the Commercial Manager of Brighton & Hove Buses a few weeks ago, he told me that the bus company would not be selling park and ride tickets for cash on the bus. That's not to say that the Club couldn't sell P&R tickets at the car parks, of course, but - as with other aspects of the travel arrangements - we are still waiting for information.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Which person at the Club has supporter travel / transport arrangements as part of their remit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here