Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Pass

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
So my new shiny season ticket is bought and paid for :O

With the travel being included on it, where is the start of the travel zone? I live in East Worthing, can I just hop on the 700, get into Brighton then mooch up Queens Rd to the station and get over to falmer by train? How does it all work??

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I believe rail travel (on the ST) starts from Shoreham, so that may be a quicker solution?

Of course, it may be more convenient for you to stay on the 700 to Brighton as you suggested.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Piece of cake then, 700 from Worthing to Portslade, get on the train there and whizz straight through. I am assuming the pass will work on the bus from Worthing though (although if it doesn't the cost of East Worthing to Portslade on the train isn't all that)

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
Piece of cake then, 700 from Worthing to Portslade, get on the train there and whizz straight through. I am assuming the pass will work on the bus from Worthing though (although if it doesn't the cost of East Worthing to Portslade on the train isn't all that)
I don't think 'whizz straight through' will be quite the right phrase to use come 28000. I'm also pretty sure the travel voucher on the bus won't take you as far as Worthing. It didn't in the Withdean days. Probably fringes at Shoreham like the train. It's a good deal though.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I don't think 'whizz straight through' will be quite the right phrase to use come 28000. I'm also pretty sure the travel voucher on the bus won't take you as far as Worthing. It didn't in the Withdean days. Probably fringes at Shoreham like the train. It's a good deal though.

It will be the times I'm considering going - latest I'll be leaving is about 11am. I want to be in Dicks for midday.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
The free pass for buses did include Worthing on the Withdean Ticket, so the 700 to Brighton should be okay.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
its only Brighton & Hove busses so you will NOT be allowed to travel on the 700 bus :)

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
It will be the times I'm considering going - latest I'll be leaving is about 11am. I want to be in Dicks for midday.

Dick's bar won't be open that early, usually around 12:45 provided they are ready, (but sometimes they're not). The website says 12:30 but often I've found the guys outside make you wait until the matchday staff and stewards have had their lunch.

Last edited:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Going off at a tangent I see that for FBS's concerts, after the gig. ,Falmer Station will be shut for "safety reasons" as Southern have no spare carriages as they are all tied up with the Jubilee celebrations in the capital and the ordinary trains could not cope with the extra numbers. B & H buses are laying on 40 extra buses to shuttle back to Old Steine,

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Dick's bar won't be open that early, usually around 12:45 provided they are ready, (but sometimes they're not). The website says 12:30 but often I've found the guys outside make you wait until the matchday staff and stewards have had their lunch.

Then I'll wait patiently outside!!!! I'm not one for queuing if I can help it, be that to get into a bar, to get on a train, whatever (obviously half time is a different matter!). Plus there is something IMMENSE about getting to the Amex early and watching it fill up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here