• Poll closed .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and there was me thinking this was a kid's film

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I have not borthered to read the above comments as I know it will just be a childish thread slagging it off for the sake of it but my colleague here said to me this morning it was the greatest film he has seen in his life and he watches a lot of films and all 6 of them said it was superb as did the whole cinema. He is a 28 year old man so it appears the NSC club is out of sinque again with popular opinion.

tell me again, what kind of institution are you housed in?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am just reporting something a colleague said to counteract all the usual NSC bullshit, I don't really giving a flying toss if you like it or not but is it too much to try and have a sensible discussion on a topic without the cretins and morons being let out

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Took my grandson yesterday - better than Pirates 3 and Harry Potter but not as good as Die Hard - rate it a 7

I am just reporting something a colleague said to counteract all the usual NSC bullshit, I don't really giving a flying toss if you like it or not but is it too much to try and have a sensible discussion on a topic without the cretins and morons being let out

I thought there were lots of sensible comments on the thread. Perhaps if you stopped flouncing and bothered to read them on the topic YOU started you might not be so worked up? Funny how your colleague's baffling opinion is valid whereas those of NSC users, the place you chose to post the thread, are apparently not worth reading. You are a very strange man.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I thought there were lots of sensible comments on the thread. Perhaps if you stopped flouncing and bothered to read them on the topic YOU started you might not be so worked up? Funny how your colleague's baffling opinion is valid whereas those of NSC users, the place you chose to post the thread, are apparently not worth reading. You are a very strange man.

Well said. Can't understand what U S was on about really as most of the replies were positive with a few negative comments thrown in - quite a balanced responce actually (and amazingly for NSC:D)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I have not borthered to read the above comments as I know it will just be a childish thread slagging it off for the sake of it but my colleague here said to me this morning it was the greatest film he has seen in his life and he watches a lot of films and all 6 of them said it was superb as did the whole cinema. He is a 28 year old man so it appears the NSC club is out of sinque again with popular opinion.

If you stopped feeling sorry for yourself and actual bothered to read the thread you may be pleasantly surprised to see a lot of people agreeing with you. I have not seen the film yet but I do plan on disengaging brain for 2 hours and enjoying a good bit of escapism.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lokki your probably right, very odd indeed

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Looking forward to seeing this one. I appreciate sci-fi and no-brainer films. I like to take each film for what it brings and sink into the storyline, no matter how far fetched or CGI. Like someone else said - its a 2 hour story with giant robots beating the shit out of each other - and that's what I'd expect to see on the screen - if the human characters are believeable, I'd consider it a bonus.
If I want to see highbrow films, I'd go and see one. (Although I wouldn't cos I cant bear them)
If you want a film that needs a bit of thinking about, I found Stranger than Fiction to be a good distraction the other night on DVD, Will Ferrell and Emma Thompson. About a writer who discovers her new lead character is a real person and her writing is leading his life - or is it the other way round? I like Emma T's British black humour ('did you smoke ALL those cigarettes?' - 'no, actually they came pre-smoked')
Denzel's Deja Vu was a half detective/half sci-fi movie that was worth a look at if you liked films like Tom Cruises Minority Report.
Got four more through from Blockbuster Direct (post) today. Not sure when I'll get time to watch them though!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lokki as a point of order and in defence of myself the first post was simply, shit, nothing else , obviously done to get my back up.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The friendly Autobot Bumblebee transforms after chosing Sam as its master and it kicks off from then when Optimus Prime makes his way into the scene. ... The Decepticons group when the Cube is detected and all hell breaks loose. Megatron is the biggest and best and the show down between Megatron and Optimus Prime is superb.

I'm still trying to figure out what language this is...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Telegraph gave it a 4

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

"sync"

:cool::cool::cool:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its sync isnt it? although I do stand corrected if its wrong!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here