Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers in & Out in 2006

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
UPDATED 14/9/06 Who's Next Dick? Maybe we should sell our whole squad, (wouldn't take long, theres not many left) and ask the fans to bring their boots along. That'll save more on wages!

Since the start of this year we have seen

Outs

Jason Dodd
Alexis Nicolas
Federico Turenzo
Mark McCammon
Chris McPhee
Seb Carole
Paul McShane
Flo Chaigneau
Leon Knight
Albert Jarrett
Gary Elphick
Colin Kazim Richards
MARK MCGHEE
BOB BOOKER
WAYNE HENDERSON (as soon as he can)

all leave the club

We have seen

Alex Revell (Braintree)
Geroges Santos (Post Office Pension Queue/Help The Aged Advert Campaign)
Douglas Loft (Hastings)

come in along with a loads of youth contracts being upgraded to Pro contracts.

My point is why the f*** can't we get someone in. There must be a lot of money in the wages pot not being used after losing that lot.Dick, Come clean and say we're skint, instead of giving your spin on how no one will join us. It's obvious they way you're selling players that were f***ed, just say it instead of lying your way out of it.

I would like to see us sign about 5 players today, to someway make up for the whole team of players we've lost since Xmas. At this rate by the end of the season we won't have any players left.

If McGhee can't attract players, then maybe he needs to come out and say why. Either that or step aside. I've fed up hearing this "we've got money, but no one wants to sign for us shit".

No wonder we're desperate for a forward. We've got rid of 5 or 6 this year alone and only brought one in!

In short - WHAT THE f*** IS GOING ON

"Bursts into song"

WHAT THE FUUUUUCK IS GOING ON
What The f***,
What The f***
WHat The f*** is Going on.............

continue until sleeply..............................
:ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf:

Updated rant over

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Paul Mcshane was only a loan tho so he wasnt really 'ours' but I do see your point.

Cue the Magoo INs wages, stadium, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Taylor159370 said:
Keith Lowe also came in on loan but has gone back now.
Didn't think worth mentioning him as all he done was keep one of our youth players of the bench. What a great use of a loan he was.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Interesting point about Lowe ( which again is the hinesight arguement), but as I understand it we are only allowed a certain amount of loan players in the season....do I take it lowe was one of them and we are now say 5 loan players - lowe and stokes?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
And what a worthwhile loan that was.

Well in all honesty, we didn't know how well playing Lynch at centre-half was going to work. Plus if any more of the back 4 had gotten injured, we would basically have been screwed. So having an experienced defender on the bench seemed completely worthwhile to me...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Dies Irae said:
Interesting point about Lowe ( which again is the hinesight arguement), but as I understand it we are only allowed a certain amount of loan players in the season....do I take it lowe was one of them and we are now say 5 loan players - lowe and stokes?

Your are allocated a certain number of short term, and a certain number of long terms loans. I'd have to check up on the exact numbers.

Stokes, could potentially be a long term loan, which would write off the short term loan.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
ATFC Seagull said:
Well in all honesty, we didn't know how well playing Lynch at centre-half was going to work. Plus if any more of the back 4 had gotten injured, we would basically have been screwed. So having an experienced defender on the bench seemed completely worthwhile to me...
Surely then if you don't know how a player is going to work out, and you have 'experienced' cover on the bench, surely the experienced player should start?
Trying an untested player at the start of the season when as you claim you have more experience back up seems a bit strange to me?

But then with hindsight it probably the best thing McGhee's done.

He should have signed a loan centre half when he needed him, not in case we needed him.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Mr Burns said:
Surely then if you don't know how a player is going to work out, and you have 'experienced' cover on the bench, surely the experienced player should start?
Trying an untested player at the start of the season when as you claim you have more experience back up seems a bit strange to me?

But then with hindsight it probably the best thing McGhee's done.

He should have signed a loan centre half when he needed him, not in case we needed him.

It wouldn't be great man management too play a loan player in favour of one of our own though. It wouldn't exactly give El-Abd and Lynch bundles of confidence. He gave our lads a chance first. We also didn't know whether Mayo would do well at left back. He started off very well at Rotherham but has faded since. If Mayo had been shit from the start he could have put Lynch left back and used Lowe in the middle. He gave us options, we're fortunate we didn't have to use them.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Mr Burns said:

So halftime at Rotherham, Lynch/El Abd/Mayo gets injured. Get on the phone and someone would have arrived by the second half?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Turkey said:
It wouldn't be great man management too play a loan player in favour of one of our own though. It wouldn't exactly give El-Abd and Lynch bundles of confidence. He gave our lads a chance first. We also didn't know whether Mayo would do well at left back. He started off very well at Rotherham but has faded since. If Mayo had been shit from the start he could have put Lynch left back and used Lowe in the middle. He gave us options, we're fortunate we didn't have to use them.

Exactly my point.

We had the defensive options to start, but not the full cover needed to kick off the season. We had to add one more defender to the squad, I don't see what difference it makes that he took the "5th" defensive spot on the bench, instead of starting.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
ATFC Seagull said:
So halftime at Rotherham, Lynch/El Abd/Mayo gets injured. Get on the phone and someone would have arrived by the second half?

But we would of had Tommy Elphick or someone like that to come on off the bench if that were the case.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Turkey said:

We could have given some of the other youngsters a chance, had Lynch or Mayo got injured/out of from.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
We could have given some of the other youngsters a chance, had Lynch or Mayo got injured/out of from.

This isn't aimed at yourself cos I don't know what your position is, but I don't understand what people want.

People are complaining that we're blooding youngsters this year instead of bringing in tried and tested journeymen, then when MM decides to sure up the team by having experienced cover, people complain that it could have been a chance to give youngsters a game.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
ATFC Seagull said:
???
Obviously not. But you use another youngster like Tommy Elphick or you moved things around a bit if you have no other choice.
But one thing I know for sure, if you take players on loan from another club, you are expected to play them, or at least give them a chance. Why would Wolves let us have one of their players to sit on the bench and play in the reserves, when he can do that there. You make loan signings in improve your team, not enlarge your squad.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here