Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer window signings for the Albion

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
No attackers please, we need some experienced defenders thow not as bloody old as santos and butters.

Were leaking a lot of goals at the moment where our boys at the moment just seem to be standing and watching it happen!

Albion Dan said:
From what I hear from early training sessions he looks great in the air, but much work required when the ball is at his feet.

Ah, just the kind of player who we know will get a lot of support and patience from us :eek:

I echo what you say about him 100%, I hope Wilkins takes his time with him and we see what he can do once he's had some higher standard professional coaching and has settled well into our system and way of doing things.

It's a shame that the Reserves season is so disjointed but he needs a few good run-outs there first surely.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
London Irish said:
Ah, just the kind of player who we know will get a lot of support and patience from us :eek:

I echo what you say about him 100%, I hope Wilkins takes his time with him and we see what he can do once he's had some higher standard professional coaching and has settled well into our system and way of doing things.

It's a shame that the Reserves season is so disjointed but he needs a few good run-outs there first surely.

Definately, otherwise the typical Albion fan response to any striker who doesnt score 5 in his first ten games will probably detroy him in his first season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Albion Dan said:
Definately, otherwise the typical Albion fan response to any striker who doesnt score 5 in his first ten games will probably detroy him in his first season.

Did you not mean to type '10 in his first 5 games'?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
hans kraay fan club said:
Did you not mean to type '10 in his first 5 games'?
5 in the first 10 minutes, surely.???

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
seagull4life said:
Not to forget Tommy Fraser, who although inexperienced has played very well for us this season when no one expected him to. It's a shame he keeps getting stuck out on the right wing becasue he is not a winger! Still Tommy is my favourite albion player to watch because his passion for the club shines through, always encouraging the fans to get into it!

He'll presumably play in the centre on Saturday with Hammond out. That will leave room for OGH on the right. Which presumably means (in the absence of a new face), the midfield will be:

Cox----Fraser---El Abd---Hart

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Jim in the West said:
He'll presumably play in the centre on Saturday with Hammond out. That will leave room for OGH on the right. Which presumably means (in the absence of a new face), the midfield will be:

Cox----Fraser---El Abd---Hart

You can guarantee your bottom dollar that we will not have signed anybody by sat and it will be a push to get some-one b4 the transfer window closes...

Jim in the West said:
He'll presumably play in the centre on Saturday with Hammond out.

My punt is that Carpenter will be recalled. I reckon the coach has a higher opinion of him than many Albion fans do now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Albion Dan said:
I dont get your point. Mark Maccammon plays in the same division as Nathan Tyson, do you think if you moved them both up 2 divisions to the prem that the former might look far more shit than the latter?
#

My point is that people are putting Nathan Elder down because he has come from Rymans League before he has had the chance to show what he can or cannot do.

I spoke to him at Fleet services on New Years Day and he was disappointed to have not got for at least 10 mins he is itching to get going. Lets give him a chance before slagging him off.

Your example of Tyson and McGammon do not measure up because Tyson cost a lot of money and had been a proven success with another league club McGammon has been a failure at every club that he has been to.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
London Irish said:
My punt is that Carpenter will be recalled. I reckon the coach has a higher opinion of him than many Albion fans do now.

I have to disagree with you there, he came back for one match then wasn't involved again.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Irrespective of not having any new signings I would like to see Nathan Elder on the bench on Saturday simply because for the last home game we didnt have one striker to bring on all the subs were either Midfield or defenders except utility man Gary Hart and we were at home.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
BensGrandad said:
Irrespective of not having any new signings I would like to see Nathan Elder on the bench on Saturday simply because for the last home game we didnt have one striker to bring on all the subs were either Midfield or defenders except utility man Gary Hart and we were at home.

Think he will be on the bench and will get a chance in my opinion.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
London Irish said:

I really really REALLY hope not......:(

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'd rather see Frutos in the midfield with Carpenter on the bench.

(L) Frutos---El-Abd---Fraser---Cox (R)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Me too... trouble is I think Fruýty's fitness need working on

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Barnham Seagull said:
No attackers please, we need some experienced defenders thow not as bloody old as santos and butters.

Were leaking a lot of goals at the moment where our boys at the moment just seem to be standing and watching it happen!

No attackers? Whilst what you say about the defence is sadly true, we have got some injured players to come back there, but there is not a striker worth the title at the club! :nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnham Seagull said:

Scoring goals is harder than stopping them imo and getting reasonable defensive players in is much easier. Have we actually gone behind and won (excl the Millwall paint pot) in the last couple of years? I suggest we desperately need a decent targetman/goalscorer for the lightweight attack to play off and learn from. At least we would stand a chance of coming back in a game once we fell behind???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here