Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer window signings for the Albion

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Guy Butters Defender 6ft 3ins 15st 30/10/69 Hillingdon British 3 u21 Brighton & Hove Albion FC 599 Free Transfer Currently on Transfer List

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
SJ's Love Monkey said:
I have heard Jack Schitt is signing for you

and his arabic cousin

fook El All

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
Albion Dan said:
Revell came through the youth systems of a pro club and even debuted as a teenager in the Football League.

That is a million miles from playing park footy then finding yourself in the Rymans or whatever league he was in.

From what I hear from early training sessions he looks great in the air, but much work required when the ball is at his feet.
And we're not playing park footy????

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Albion Dan said:
Elder is going to be very rough around the edges. The guy has never played pro footy, and plied his trade at Billericay, a division below the conference. I doubt well see much of him this season.

Same division as Revell who hasnt adapted too badly. Yes Revell had experience of a league club but a short time at Cambridge do me a favour!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Albion Dan said:
Ali john is not what we need at all. We need someone who has at least 5 years pro football under their belt who can lead on the pitch. Failure to get this person will result in us flirting dangerously with relegation.

Wilkins knows this, DK knows this but is clearly reluctant to spend any money at all, again.

Not at all suggesting he is the answer to all our problems, I just think he looked very useful for us coming off the bench and would be a good addition to the squad. More likely to sign him than Bowditch.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
seagull4life said:
Not at all suggesting he is the answer to all our problems, I just think he looked very useful for us coming off the bench and would be a good addition to the squad. More likely to sign him than Bowditch.

I don't think we were ever likely to get Bowditch but John is also injured.
We also found out that he hasn't got stamina.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
seagull4life said:

I think it was a shame we never saw the best of Bowditch.

He obviously had quite a serious injury which must have been frustrating to him as much as us.

Whing i am not sure about. Yes he looked good at times, but he was beaten for pace more times than not and his distribution wasnt up to much. Very much a Harding type player.

How many years is it now where we have said we could do with a decent midfoelder or two.

It looks more and more like Oatway will not come back and carpenter looks on his last legs - therefore we are relying on Cox, hammond and El Abd!

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Dave the Gaffer said:
we are relying on Cox, hammond and El Abd!

Not to forget Tommy Fraser, who although inexperienced has played very well for us this season when no one expected him to. It's a shame he keeps getting stuck out on the right wing becasue he is not a winger! Still Tommy is my favourite albion player to watch because his passion for the club shines through, always encouraging the fans to get into it!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...not forgetting him..sorry!

BUT that means we have a very very inexperienced midfield for what looks like a very difficult run in

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
BensGrandad said:
Same division as Revell who hasnt adapted too badly. Yes Revell had experience of a league club but a short time at Cambridge do me a favour!

I dont get your point. Mark Maccammon plays in the same division as Nathan Tyson, do you think if you moved them both up 2 divisions to the prem that the former might look far more shit than the latter?

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Dave the Gaffer said:
...not forgetting him..sorry!

BUT that means we have a very very inexperienced midfield for what looks like a very difficult run in

this is where we miss Paul Reid

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
seagull4life said:
this is where we miss Paul Reid

Indeed. When you look what we have on the books I think the only player that has the blend of ideal age, quality and experience level we should be looking for is Reid. Bummer that he is out for the season.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Liam Marum Forward 6ft 3in 12st 17/11/87
London English Reading Football Club Trainee-YT Currently on Transfer List

Get someone to have a look at this guy.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Seagull_tim said:
Liam Marum Forward 6ft 3in 12st 17/11/87
London English Reading Football Club Trainee-YT Currently on Transfer List

Get someone to have a look at this guy.

we did now at woking

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Albion Dan said:
DK knows this but is clearly reluctant to spend any money at all, again.

After all the promises in previous transfer windows from Dick Knight it's his last chance to keep my support, I know it's a difficult job he's got but he cant keep bullshitting fans all the time and still expect them to keep backing him.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
seagull4life said:
Not to forget Tommy Fraser, who although inexperienced has played very well for us this season when no one expected him to. It's a shame he keeps getting stuck out on the right wing becasue he is not a winger! Still Tommy is my favourite albion player to watch because his passion for the club shines through, always encouraging the fans to get into it!

Spot On Tommy Fraser Football Genius (In Training) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here