Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer window signings for the Albion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we've got Elder who may or may not be the new BZ but what other positions are you expecting us to REALISTICALLY make signings on and will they be experienced or young hotshots from Championship or Premiership clubs who have no real experience.

I can only see us signing unproven players and on loan. DW does seem to be more active in the transfer market than MM but we still need that elusive experienced target man who knows where the goal is. MM couldn't find a solution, I really hope DW can and maybe he has in Elder???

In reality I expect nothing much better than we already have :(

Will we ever spend the longstanding 150k that is supposedly available for the right player/s, maybe it's even been increased with the WH money....

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I am still hoping for Whing before the end of the month. I'm probably being very optimistic though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
I am still hoping for Whing before the end of the month. I'm probably being very optimistic though.

You keep taking those reddish glasses out of the drawer don't you Yorkie? :lolol:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Yorkie said:

Apparently he was Coventry's best player in their FA Cup match...I can't see him being sold. Hence the Arsenal guy.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That backs up the report that I heard from the match, apparently Coventry were really bad in the first half, Whing was one of the few players to finish the game for them with any real credit.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Icy Gull said:
You keep taking those reddish glasses out of the drawer don't you Yorkie? :lolol:

It's the only way I can cope with the stresses of following the Albion. O'Cearuill is only here for a month.
You're probably right. I was looking at the fact that he was subbed during his first match and that the FA cup game was against League 1 opposition.
Oh well.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ali john is not what we need at all. We need someone who has at least 5 years pro football under their belt who can lead on the pitch. Failure to get this person will result in us flirting dangerously with relegation.

Wilkins knows this, DK knows this but is clearly reluctant to spend any money at all, again.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Elder is going to be very rough around the edges. The guy has never played pro footy, and plied his trade at Billericay, a division below the conference. I doubt well see much of him this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Albion Dan said:
Elder is going to be very rough around the edges. The guy has never played pro footy, and plied his trade at Billericay, a division below the conference. I doubt well see much of him this season.

Same division as Revell who hasnt adapted too badly. Yes Revell had experience of a league club but a short time at Cambridge do me a favour!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Albion Dan said:
Ali john is not what we need at all. We need someone who has at least 5 years pro football under their belt who can lead on the pitch. Failure to get this person will result in us flirting dangerously with relegation.

Wilkins knows this, DK knows this but is clearly reluctant to spend any money at all, again.

All chairman are reluctant to spend money, DK even more so as the money he is going to spend isn't all his, it's from the other directors and if they don't agree then he can't spend it.

My view is that the club hoped to sign Whing and Bowditch in the transfer window, unfortunately this isn't possible so they need to review new targets.

I would like us to sign an experienced midfielder as well as a journyeman striker, because Cox and Robinson are going to need a rest in the very near future, the same can be said for the other youngsters in the side.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
BensGrandad said:
Same division as Revell who hasnt adapted too badly. Yes Revell had experience of a league club but a short time at Cambridge do me a favour!

Revell came through the youth systems of a pro club and even debuted as a teenager in the Football League.

That is a million miles from playing park footy then finding yourself in the Rymans or whatever league he was in.

From what I hear from early training sessions he looks great in the air, but much work required when the ball is at his feet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here