Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
In fairness, we have always been guilty of 'last minute' dealings, not that it is the club's fault as someone above said - often the agents tend to use offers made by clubs to get more money from another, hence why it is done at the last minute to allow as much time for this to occur as possible.

As well as this, some of our last minute signings have been brilliant! Who remembers Baz Savage?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
okay i was just saying

Why the need to say it constantly though? Fair enough you don't think we will sign anyone but why say it about fifteen times in this thread alone. We have made a lot more and better signings than most teams at this level so be pleased with what we have got so far and hope for more today rather than moaning all the time.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
New players brought in:
Ankergren
Barnes
Battipiedi
Baz
Bridcutt
Greer
Kishishev
Painter
Poke
Sparrow
LuaLua (Most definitely)
Calderon (Sort of...)

A long list, with only one real issue, but he has only played one game, in the cup, and he must be good if he helped Torquay to that many clean sheets last season. :shrug: Some people seem to forget we have brought in a lot of quality

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Is anyone watching Sky Sports News?

I dont know whether I am being really stupid, but the correspondent at Man City was talking about the Robinho move to Milan and referred to City affectively making a profit on the player because they would be saving money on his wages since he has a 3 year contract on approx 130k a week.

Is that not a ridiculous statement to make, would anyone class saving money on a players wages as a contribution to a profit on a a transfer fee?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Is anyone watching Sky Sports News?

I dont know whether I am being really stupid, but the correspondent at Man City was talking about the Robinho move to Milan and referred to City affectively making a profit on the player because they would be saving money on his wages since he has a 3 year contract on approx 130k a week.

Is that not a ridiculous statement to make, would anyone class saving money on a players wages as a contribution to a profit on a a transfer fee?

If he's not going to play for the club - then (technically) yes - the player contract becomes loss-making otherwise. Not a profit overall, but from where you stand now it's profitable to get a little cash and save costs

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
have I missed something...who is Bridcut?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Matt Phillips moved from wycombe to blackpool for an initial fee of 325k... good young player, astute signing by holloway.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
have I missed something...who is Bridcut?

Released by Chelsea, got him on a 5 month contracts. Looks like a Navarro replacement. Was on loan at Stockport for a while and got sent off against us at Withdean in 2009

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Leeds have signed ANOTHER STRIKER some Honduran international, just came up on Sky news didn't catch his name though :facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
signed him on Friday. Ex-Chelsea reserve captain, only 21 on a 5 month contract. He can play defensive midfield and apparently provides cover for full-backs.

thankyou ( and you Springal)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sam Ovett can I say I love your optimisim, its like a beacon of light shining through a myriad of shit posts and boring negativity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here