Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Hmm I feel we may be heading down Disappointment Alley yet again on the big striker hope.

To be honest, Barnes and Murray are enough for a good place in the league. 4-4-2 with both available, and if one is injured or suspended play the 4-5-1. Also, if both are out, then it would be the same for any squad in that we would struggle, as any club missing their two strikers would struggle with the exception of Leeds or Huddersfield.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Development squad for now. Another option though - and it says that he is is quick :thumbsup:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Albion have signed Norwegian under-19 international Torbjorn Agdestein from Stord FC for an undisclosed nominal fee.

The 18-year-old striker joins on a one-year deal, and boss Gus Poyet explained, "Torbjorn is a player who came to our attention in recent weeks, we had some very good information on him.

"He is a young talent, and we were told he is very quick and direct; we looked at him and that information was right.

"He also has a good goalscoring record, and after a successful trial period, we decided to bring him in.

"He will initially be part of the development squad, but I want him to be pushing for a place in the first-team squad.

"I hope he can prove himself and we can help him become a better player, and I hope he will earn a new contract and stay here for longer."

In four seasons with Norwegian second division side Stord, from 2007 to 2010, Agdestein has hit 36 goals in 75 appearances.

Agdestein will not be eligible for tomorrow's cup clash with Leyton Orient, and the club will also need international clearance ahead of the home fixture with MK Dons.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So we should still have the majority of that 30% of the pot left over, for a 15 goal striker before 6. That is unless the alleged rumours of Dick Tight mugging Tony Bloom's poker millions are true.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Wonder if this Norwegian kid is any relation to Simon Agdestein who was both a Norwegian international and also a chess grandmaster. (Though he had a checkered career).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest, Barnes and Murray are enough for a good place in the league. 4-4-2 with both available, and if one is injured or suspended play the 4-5-1. Also, if both are out, then it would be the same for any squad in that we would struggle, as any club missing their two strikers would struggle with the exception of Leeds or Huddersfield.

I can see us winging it until January and then trying again. Not sure we have the funds or the infrastucture to attract the type of complete player that we all crave. Maybe a loan on someone coming back from injury needing match practice will be the short answer

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
0,,10433~9015208,00.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
we'll be fine. We'll get some great results and be near the peak of the table by January :)

You reckon Murray is over his brain freezes and petulant handballs then that result in him being sent off? Certainly started out seeming to be much more mature this season so far.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
SSN reveal there have been bids in for Zamora.

Does not say from whom.

Probably not from us.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
"three substantial bids for Zamora during the transfer window", one of them MUST be from BHA :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here