Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day no. 1

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Pure guess work (like I have to say this on ere!)

Sessegnon - purchase

Welbeck - loan

J-Linz / Daniel James loan

I’m sure the good folk of NSC have all motorways, airports, harbours covered

What a time to be alive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
from windows I can recall, the club usually post a tweet that states that we have finished our business for the window. as far as I can remember, anyway. that tweet hasn't happened yet, and until it does, I'll be holding out hope for a new signing.

remember, today is just our last chance to bring in a SPANISH FLAIR striker, we still have opportunities to sign a boring old english striker for a little while after the international window SLAMS shut.

Actually we could in theory sign a Spanish player from a football league club - the player does not have to be English.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The OUTS are almost definitely Băluţa and possibly Bernardo ?

Yes, Băluţa seems like a done deal.

I don’t think we’d ship Bernardo unless we bring in another LWB or LB. I’ve still got my fingers crossed here.

Shame about Sessegnon, a loan would have bridged the gap to possibly Karbo (still to sign) or Cochrane being ready for the 1st team.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Rely on [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] and [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] for my detail, this is their busiest time, the Jim White and Natalie Sawyer of NSC, just don’t know which is which.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where are they? Guessing a strategy breakfast with Owen and Naylor before squeezing the network to pump us all full of their hot sauces ..... oooooh err

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sheffield utd signing diallo from Metz a decent 1 in 3 striker.

So that's 2 for them this window.

Surrrrrrely we will sign someone up top ?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Maupay has scored four times as many goals as Sheffield United by himself.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I hope that a striker and LWB are on the agenda today. If, as seems likely, they don't happen I reckon the window will have to be classed as poor. To me we have lost physicality, experience and will be an injury (or loss of form) to Maupay away from being in deep trouble.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not expecting anything significant today.

Our business this transfer window has been disappointing. Nailing down Dunk and White was good, Lallana may turn out to be an excellent acquisition or a risk and Veltman was probably a wise move.

Our transfer dealings over the last few seasons have been rather uninspiring (apart from Tariq) and I do wonder what Whinstanley and Ashworth are doing, We haven't made many signings that are statements of intent.

Saying our dealing have been poor a few weeks ago would have been shut down on here with comments like "Jeez still three weeks to go". However, nothing has moved and I don't think it will come midnight tonight.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If, as seems likely, we aren’t going to sign another striker, the loaning out of Murray makes no sense at all to me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Our business this transfer window has been disappointing. Nailing down Dunk and White was good, Lallana may turn out to be an excellent acquisition or a risk and Veltman was probably a wise move.

Our transfer dealings over the last few seasons have been rather uninspiring (apart from Tariq) and I do wonder what Whinstanley and Ashworth are doing, We haven't made many signings that are statements of intent.

Saying our dealing have been poor a few weeks ago would have been shut down on here with comments like "Jeez still three weeks to go". However, nothing has moved and I don't think it will come midnight tonight.

Last few seasons? Signed Trossard, Maupay and Webster last summer, three or at the very least two and a half very good signings. I dont know if you could categorize these as "statements of intent", but I cant see why that would matter. "Statements of intent" does not sound very useful.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Many of us have continued paying DD or 1901 fees as we support the club ( and continue to do so). I have been ok with this, as after the last 8 months of watching no football I was hoping to see some excitement in the TW and a little bit of Ok, we've saved some wages etc and here are a few exciting new players to keep Mojos raised.
However, we as a club appear to be the club (us and Burnley it would appear) that have no money/or ambition to develop our first team and we are left to watch the others strengthen all about us. This has been nothing short of a woeful window, and GP keeping on spouting on about being happy doesn't help when you see Wilder at Sheff utd as an example expressing the need and desire to strengthen in every window.
Im not sure what to feel at the moment, pleased that the youngsters are doing well or terrified as they have no experience and we are 1 injury from disaster.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
I hope that a striker and LWB are on the agenda today. If, as seems likely, they don't happen I reckon the window will have to be classed as poor. To me we have lost physicality, experience and will be an injury (or loss of form) to Maupay away from being in deep trouble.

Agree

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If we sit in the bottom three come January due to injuries/loss of form it will cost a whole lot more to get anybody in to help

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here