Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day no. 1

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
These transfers between Watford and Udinese all seem to be undisclosed (unsurprisingly) however are there any actual rules on market rate and and the actual need to transact the said amount?

I work in AML and beginning to wonder if there’s more to it than the respect clubs best “sporting” interests

I should add allegedly and without prejudice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
A £20 bet on this thread is the biggest news of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No one’s coming guys.

Seriously.

You’re setting yourself up for a horrific fall. I’ll log back in at 11pm for a giggle to see the carnage.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just goes to show you that for every Raul Jimenez there is a Joelinton, Carilo, Locadia etc out there, signing a top class striker certainly isn’t as easy as some our fans think.

Has there been much call for a top class striker, or just a viable alternative for Maupay?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nice glass of Tempranillo and watching some complete crap in the lounge with Mrs Wz

or

staying on the Transfer deadline day thread expectantly waiting ?

Laters :bigwave:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can't say I am surprised but a bit disappointed if we are planning to go into the new season with just Maupay and Connolly up front. We could probably have done with a holding midfielder and a LWB as well but the striker was obviously the pressing concern.

I do trust TB and crew's judgment however. If they felt we really needed someone I'm sure we would have just gone with one of the cheap punts like Dia. Must be plans to use Tross, Jahanbakhsh etc as strikers if needed I guess.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
No idea if mentioned previously - too lazy to go trawling through the previous pages. Sky Sports Germany reporting Matteo Guendouzi, Maupay's mate from the Arsenal game who attempted to throttle him at full time, has been loaned to Hertha Berlin.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
FFP suspended for this window talk about advantage rich clubs.

Not quite. Clubs still have to justify losses against Covid. It shouldn't be a free for all for spending and FFP has been rolled over to 2021.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't say I am surprised but a bit disappointed if we are planning to go into the new season with just Maupay and Connolly up front. We could probably have done with a holding midfielder and a LWB as well but the striker was obviously the pressing concern.

I do trust TB and crew's judgment however. If they felt we really needed someone I'm sure we would have just gone with one of the cheap punts like Dia. Must be plans to use Tross, Jahanbakhsh etc as strikers if needed I guess.
We can still sign someone like for example Karlan Grant tomorrow.

Tonight's deadline is not close of play.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just goes to show you that for every Raul Jimenez there is a Joelinton, Carilo, Locadia etc out there, signing a top class striker certainly isn’t as easy as some our fans think.

I’ve never demanded or suggested we should, sound stewardship is better.

But it isn’t hard at all if you’re willing to spend a bit (and not talking about the silly money ones) players like Maupay, Watkins, Brewster, Wilson etc etc.

It is hard when you’ve set yourself a rigid framework like moneyball to operate within, has to be certain, age, price, stats, resale, wage etc. And then still has to want to come here.

It’s a system of financial prudence which is great for stability, and coming from where we did, I’m happy to be prudent....... but it is also inversely proportional to getting those more reasonably priced top strikers which means you simply can’t compete.

It’s a money problem not an ability to get them problem.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We can still sign someone like for example Karlan Grant tomorrow.

Tonight's deadline is not close of play.

In theory yes, but who does Huddersfield replace him with?

Only realistic chances imho are last seasons relegated strikers who they want off payroll. Welbeck, Deeney, King etc.

Doubt Hudds would be willing to sell or loan, unless player agitates for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here