Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day no. 1

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Slowing scrolling down on this and I thought “ eh up, the dildo is in the building “

3F06CF2F-7738-4BFC-B1C4-0EBD0F6D383A.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
It'd be interesting to see how we'd play if both Maupay and Connolly were unavailable. Trossard as a #9? Throw Zeqiri in at the deep end to lead the line? A circa 2012 Spain national with no recognised striker? BDB as a target man?

As much as a 'Murray 2.0' old fashioned centre forward would bring comfort to many, I think a tall, versatile forward in the mold of Welbeck/Sturridge/Aubameyang who can play centrally and out wide, but also have a good 5-6 inches (ooh err) on Maupay and Connolly is the sort of forward we'll go for now.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It'd be interesting to see how we'd play if both Maupay and Connolly were unavailable. Trossard as a #9? Throw Zeqiri in at the deep end to lead the line? A circa 2012 Spain national with no recognised striker? BDB as a target man?

As much as a 'Murray 2.0' old fashioned centre forward would bring comfort to many, I think a tall, versatile forward in the mold of Welbeck/Sturridge/Aubameyang who can play centrally and out wide, but also have a good 5-6 inches (ooh err) on Maupay and Connolly is the sort of forward we'll go for now.

You think we'll actually go for one?

I thought we might faff about before not getting one and then sending out Potter with his laminated "happy with the group we have" speech from the PR dept.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I was thinking Izquierdo. Whilst he has spent 90% of his career at left wing and played as Striker once only, he is certainly among the best finishers at the club. His latest goal showed good pace and the most glorious touch to score with his weaker left foot.

If not, we’re looking at Cashman etc from the U23s if Zeqiri can’t step up from the League One/Two level he is used to.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It is an odd situation, and you do wonder what is driving the situation, most likely budget, but mayve somethiung else. The biggest concern is a triker, it has been for years, but loaning oput Murray and Gyokeres and no replacement is potentially suicidal. Grantred we've signed Zeqiri, but he clearly is not a first team ready player.

On a brighter note, AJ has proven he can score, given the chance and Izquierdo appears to be close to fitness. . . .

hotbike-majic-mike-build-off-trike-03.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Makes me laugh how SSN still - in 2020 - after years of boring deadline days, are still flogging it. Do people actually watch it waiting for transfer news? It’s hasn’t even crossed my mind to put it on today.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lots of deals in Europe, dead as death in the UK.

Makes me laugh how SSN still - in 2020 - after years of boring deadline days, are still flogging it. Do people actually watch it waiting for transfer news? It’s hasn’t even crossed my mind to put it on today.

Yea. The deadline days with 30-40 transfers happening the last 24 hours are definitely over. Quickly reaching the stage now where "if you havent heard about it yet, its not happening".

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
HYPERBOLE. noun: exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY. broadcast event: full of exaggerated statements or claims, wrapped up in literal yellow-themed Jim Shitery.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Among the top 5 stories:

‘Southampton ask Everton about Walcott on loan’

Absolutely riveting stuff is that, heartbreaking that it’s only 5 and half hours until it SLAMS shut :(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect the October 16th Transfer Deadline Day 2 will be more relevant to us.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

We could always bring back Adam Virgo as a makeshift No9 if that happened!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Southampton have sold Carillo to Elche for nothing. They bought him two and a half years ago for £19m. He played ten times for Southampton (three of those in the FA Cup). Makes Locadia look an excellent signing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Southampton have sold Carillo to Elche for nothing. They bought him two and a half years ago for £19m. He played ten times for Southampton (three of those in the FA Cup). Makes Locadia look an excellent signing.

They could have signed Raul Jiminez at the same time but went for Carillo instead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here