Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer budget

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I would imagine Tony Bloom has a fare idea. Outside of that, as sure as eggs are eggs. Nobody on here or outside the very tight inner circle of the club will have the slightest clue.

Spot on!

How many on here really know what transfer fees, agents fees, signing-on fees, and wages are paid?

Why bother to guess at figures and then form opinions on them?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Gus said he is 'cool' with the transfer budget, but does anyone know or have a rough idea what it actually is?

I've been told that Gus has a "competitive" transfer and wage budget for the forthcoming season and one that should enable us to challenge this year.

I've also been told that gone are the days where details of transfer targets will be leaked by the club before they need to be. In other words, if someone says they know that such and such might be coming to join us then it's not come from any employed at BHA.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Spot on!

How many on here really know what transfer fees, agents fees, signing-on fees, and wages are paid?

Spot on... the figures talked about here make me :)

DanielT

focussing on the splendid argus reporting for a minute, Gus never uses the word "cool"

Also, the word has a positive and a negative meaning. He could be very relaxed and happy, or he could be icy towards it.

Read for yourselves, but even the line "Everything is fine" doesn't necessarily mean what it reads like. eg. Girlfriend: "Don't worry, I am not upset with you. Everything is fine"

cool.jpg

cool2.jpg

Window Licker

May 17, 2012
Spot on!

Because speculation spawns conversation.

Conversation is a good thing.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think transfer fees are slightly red herrings - players wages are the key.I would assume that Gus has a budget to work to. If Leeds are anything to go by, then their playing budget was in the region of £9m - which they over spent to £12m due to loanees etc (source: Bates programme notes).

So what Gus says in the paper is correct...........its how you use that budget.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Spot on!

If you don't like ill-formed opinions about football (and dogs in fancy dress) then maybe NSC isn't the place for you...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I would imagine Tony Bloom has a fare idea. Outside of that, as sure as eggs are eggs. Nobody on here or outside the very tight inner circle of the club will have the slightest clue.

This

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Ha, did wonder what your source was! Vicente may well become our highest earner if he renews but I'd put my house on him getting his lions share last season from appearances etc. Not quite pay as you play mind, but if he's on mega bucks it will have been for actually playing because I simply refuse to believe we would've gambled 20k a week (£1m a year!) on a guy who'd spent the last 3 seasons injured.

I've heard Harley anywhere between 4 and 8 so wouldn't disagree with that. Noone/Buckley/LuaLua I'd agree would be in the 5-8 bracket, seems going rate for the division. I have heard from a friend of a friend who's ITK (a crap link I know but to be fair the guy has called the LuaLua, CMS, Reyes and Harper signings to me before they happened) that CMS is on around 10 with appearance clauses and what not built in, so he might take home teens if he plays/scores etc but would be surprised if he was >15 basic.

That said all this info is through the grapevine, no-one really knows except the club, the player and his bank manager!

i was told bu matt sparrows dad that cms is on £22.5k a week - vincente 27k per week 50% paid by mystery benefactor.... absolutely no inside knowledge whatsoever - just what i was told.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
i was told bu matt sparrows dad that cms is on £22.5k a week - vincente 27k per week 50% paid by mystery benefactor.... absolutely no inside knowledge whatsoever - just what i was told.

No chance. IMHO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here