Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer budget for next season????

daveyboy40

Feb 25, 2009
I have on good inside information that our transfer budget for next season is apparently 4.5 million!!should be able to build a half decent team for that!!!!:clap:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
nah, not at all.

if the total budget is in the second qaurtile of the division, then taking wages into account and capital expenditure on transfers etc, I would be surprised if he got more than a net £1.25m.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
There will be a lot of free transfers around this summer, I think the true indicator of the clubs ambition will be the money spent of the players themselves - i.e. wages, contract-related bonuses, relocation costs and agents fees.

Still, I like the fact that the rumours are all positive.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How many of these threads are we going to get this summer?

Also can anyone match the most insane one, which was £10m (& another few million on wages) I think?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So many people have claimed to have a "source" but the rumours have been so differentiating that it proves nobody knows anything.
I feel many will be suprised by how much we actually spend on transfer fees, due to Gus using the free transfers well, but wages will be spent attracting good players on frees. Wouldnt suprise me if we spend £1m ish on two decent players, striker and one other, and thats it as far as transfer fee's.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
These things are easily misheard.

It's actually a transfer budgie for next season to replace the old one that passed away suddenly after Palace's last day survival.

And here he is, resplendent in the Albion colours:

budgie2.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What I don't understand is why anyone thinks Tony would give a specific budget. He's far more likely to say "who do you want Gus?" then talk about the pros and cons on a player by player basis. Sure he'll have a rough idea how much he's willing to spunk, but there's absolutely no way he'd tell someone like Hinshelwood and possibly not even Gus.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If that figure is true, you have to realise that a large percentage of that figure will be used up in wages.

Say you've got 3 star players on £6k a week, thats 936,000.

Then 20 regular players on say £2k a week, thats 2,080,000.

So thats £3,016,000 of the budget on wages alone.

I appriciate we don't know how much the players are actually on but you get the idea..

Say that leaves 1.5m in the budget, we spend 300k on a player and he's on 4k a week, thats 208k a year wages, so 500k total. So you're looking at buying 3 players ish at around 300k.

Obviously it's nowhere near that simple, but the point is, 4.5m isn't an incredible budget. Good and competitive for sure but it's not like we can go out buying million pound players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here