Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer budget for next season????

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I have on good inside information that our transfer budget for next season is apparently 4.5 million!!should be able to build a half decent team for that!!!!:clap:

If that figure is true, you have to realise that a large percentage of that figure will be used up in wages.

Say you've got 3 star players on £6k a week, thats 936,000.

Then 20 regular players on say £2k a week, thats 2,080,000.

So thats £3,016,000 of the budget on wages alone.

I appriciate we don't know how much the players are actually on but you get the idea..

Say that leaves 1.5m in the budget, we spend 300k on a player and he's on 4k a week, thats 208k a year wages, so 500k total. So you're looking at buying 3 players ish at around 300k.

Obviously it's nowhere near that simple, but the point is, 4.5m isn't an incredible budget. Good and competitive for sure but it's not like we can go out buying million pound players.

Interesting first post. As suggested by Turkey, are you not talking about £4.5million as the playing budget and not transfer budget??

The budget is meant to be slightly increased from last year and we wasted a lot of money on transfers and paid some good wages. As we are looking to cut the squad down to 25 players and after cashing in on Dickinson, McNulty etc etc there should be a few quid for transfers.

Personally I think we'll have around £1m to spend on actual transfers if we need it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here