Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tranmere Rovers cancel their official supporters' coach for Saturday

Oct 2, 2008
They have a solid support from across the Wirral, right up to the border of Chester, which is about nine miles from my office ... after that support divides along sectarian lines between Chester and Wrexham ... but gates have been dwindling this season

Moving slightly off topic , what is the sectarian divide between Chester and Wrexham ?. Or is it just a geographic division ?.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Would any of our supporters really pay for a ticket in the Away section of the ground, visitors find out when they arrive but with the knowledge of how far the seats are from the pitch, No Way!!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Would any of our supporters really pay for a ticket in the Away section of the ground, visitors find out when they arrive but with the knowledge of how far the seats are from the pitch, No Way!!!!

I watched the Portsmouth FA Cup game from there. It is not as bad as some photos suggest. Slightly difficult to see what is going on in the penalty area at the far end. I wouldn't want to watch football regularly from that vantage point, but would do for the odd match.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've always wondered who would actually want to support Tranmere Rovers? Presumably only Birkenhead nationlists. What sort of crowds do they get?

A mate of mine supports Tranmere, he had no geographical links to the area or family links to the team, he also supported Ireland despite being English - possibly due to John Aldrigde playing for and then managing Tranmere however i'm unsure which came first supporting Ireland or Tranmere (or even if it is linked) I think he started to support them after being asked who he supported and he chose a team almost at random.

He has even travelled up from Sussex a couple of times to what the play a home game back then so fair play to hm. He then started to support Lewes (during their rise up the leagues) and lost a bit of interest in Tranmere (mainly after they were relegated and we were promoted and the gloating opportunities dried up.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here