Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
scousers1007_468x553.jpg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
would you come all the way down to Withdean from Liverpool for a meaningless game for them and a shit expensive view?

I would actually. Whenever we were in the same division as Blackpool when the fixtures came out I always looked for first game, last game, boxing day and when we were away to Blackpool. Surely it must work the same for the northerners (obviously substituting Blackpool for us or Charlton/Orient/Bournemouth/Southampton - at a push)?

But would I go on the supporters coach?? Not a chance in hell! I guess your average supporters club traveler probably cares about actually witnessing some of the football given that you aren't allowed a stingo on the bus?!? So in which case no it's not surprising people don't want to travel.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've always wondered who would actually want to support Tranmere Rovers? Presumably only Birkenhead nationlists. What sort of crowds do they get?

I used to work in the Liver Building (Google it if you don't know what it is). Most of the people I worked with there were from 'across the water', The Wirral. They obviously were Tranmere fans. One thing about them was that despite sounding exactly like Scousers they hated being called Scousers as they felt very strongly that Liverpudlians were 'common'. Always used to amuse me that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I used to work in the Liver Building (Google it if you don't know what it is). Most of the people I worked with there were from 'across the water', The Wirral. They obviously were Tranmere fans. One thing about them was that despite sounding exactly like Scousers they hated being called Scousers as they felt very strongly that Liverpudlians were 'common'. Always used to amuse me that.

Well, their right to their snooty opinion would depend on exactly where 'across the wtaer' they were from!

if they were from Caldy, or Irby or somewhere, fair enough, but if they were from Birkenhead, it would be a bit rich!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is ruddy annoying that we are not able to sell tickets to home fans for the away section.

Surely it would be easy to keep us apart and allow the home fans to access South Stand facilities, whilst keeping us away from the pitch. I sat there for the Portsmouth gamer and I am sure there are some little gates at the front to allow access.

I forgot to buy my ticket today and it is now 'sold out'. My fault entirely, but... :tantrum:

Of course, there will also be plenty of empty seats all over the shop.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm gutted to miss out on the game Saturday, segregation in the away section please- they'll only be bringing 30 fans and a dog for gawds sake.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It is ruddy annoying that we are not able to sell tickets to home fans for the away section.

Surely it would be easy to keep us apart and allow the home fans to access South Stand facilities, whilst keeping us away from the pitch. I sat there for the Portsmouth gamer and I am sure there are some little gates at the front to allow access.

I forgot to buy my ticket today and it is now 'sold out'. My fault entirely, but... :tantrum:

Of course, there will also be plenty of empty seats all over the shop.

I'm gutted to miss out on the game Saturday, segregation in the away section please- they'll only be bringing 30 fans and a dog for gawds sake.

There's usually someone in the pub before the game with a spare. :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here