Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tranmere game stream?

Must be my turn next week, seems somebody asks this question EVERY week and the answer is always the same.

Err... no it isn't. Only last week, commentary was available from Plymouth, streamed by BBC Radio Devon. In fact, there could well have been commentary from Tranmere today had Everton not been playing at the same time. They are actually interrupting the commentary for live reports (although whilst concentrating on typing this, "Albrighton scores" was one of those "Yes!....Oh." moments!)

BBC iPlayer - Listen live - BBC Merseyside

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
no shite sherlock. i can afford it but its not worth it. i was able to listen to the seagulls for free on the internet for 5 years. theres no reason to pay for it. tin pot of a football club should not have sold away broadcasting rights to indentikit football league limited. offer me video streams for 99p/w and i might be interested. but with the current rights holders doubt we will ever see it considering they struggle to do radio streams without massive blunders. never had that problem with the bbc.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Err... no it isn't. Only last week, commentary was available from Plymouth, streamed by BBC Radio Devon. In fact, there could well have been commentary from Tranmere today had Everton not been playing at the same time. They are actually interrupting the commentary for live reports (although whilst concentrating on typing this, "Albrighton scores" was one of those "Yes!..whoops" moments!)

BBC iPlayer - Listen live - BBC Merseyside

Well if you want to feed on the scraps to save 99p thats fine, but you'll have to realise that some weeks there will be nothing for you.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
no shite sherlock. i can afford it but its not worth it. i was able to listen to the seagulls for free on the internet for 5 years. theres no reason to pay for it. tin pot of a football club should not have sold away broadcasting rights to indentikit football league limited. offer me video streams for 99p/w and i might be interested. but with the current rights holders doubt we will ever see it considering they struggle to do radio streams without massive blunders. never had that problem with the bbc.

There seems to be an element of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Everyone has a choice but dont keep moaning to us.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Anyone know of a good free live online stream I could use for todays game?

Your in hove turn on the radio 95.3FM or DAB.

Sorry mate :shrug:

I miss Tomnorthi's Ustreams.

I was told to stop, so I took the advice as it was illegal.

This should be made clear to everyone: The only way to listen to commentary for free is to move into sussex so your radio can recieve bbc sussex. The only way to listen online is to pay for seagulls player, unless there is an illegal stream.
Dont see why these threads are made for nearly every match we have, people explain every time that you have to pay to listen online.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Your in hove turn on the radio 95.3FM or DAB.

This should be made clear to everyone: The only way to listen to commentary for free is to move into sussex so your radio can recieve bbc sussex. The only way to listen online is to pay for seagulls player, unless there is an illegal stream.
Dont see why these threads are made for nearly every match we have, people explain every time that you have to pay to listen online.

not true. some clubs havent sold away their rights like brighton and can enjoy listening to their football clubs for free on the BBC

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Don't be so bloody condescending! I was correcting Icy Gull's rash comment, and giving live reports to those who have no commentary. I know what's available and what's not; I don't need you to tell me.

I'm sorry mate, that was aimed at Mikegull (who is after full live video streaming for his 99p) and I misquoted.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
not true. some clubs havent sold away their rights like brighton and can enjoy listening to their football clubs for free on the BBC

But the key here is that Brighton have sold it, and therefore the club get some additional income. Would you rob them of this?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
OK, no problem.
I'd be willing to pay that for delayed video coverage, eg the following day. At present, the video recording just goes to waste.

I think I would pay a fiver a game for live streaming video.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Seagulls commentary was, for many years, dodgy overseas, and dodgy on Macs -- I qualify under both heads. Had it, I think, from '04-'06, and basically gave up. That and the hassle of canceling recurring charges to the CC when I did give it up.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Seagulls commentary was, for many years, dodgy overseas, and dodgy on Macs -- I qualify under both heads. Had it, I think, from '04-'06, and basically gave up. That and the hassle of canceling recurring charges to the CC when I did give it up.

We have a good system in place now to alert the commentary team if their commentary has not hooked up successfully. Its been pretty faultless for the last 2 seasons.

Cant comment on the Macs bit.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think I would pay a fiver a game for live streaming video.

As long as you could pay per game that would be good and it is being seriously considered.

We have a good system in place now to alert the commentary team if their commentary has not hooked up successfully. Its been pretty faultless for the last 2 seasons.

Cant comment on the Macs bit.

On a MAC here, no problems at all.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
But the key here is that Brighton have sold it, and therefore the club get some additional income. Would you rob them of this?

The club is discriminating against those from outside Sussex (me, only just). Not a lot different from charging women more than men to watch the match at Withdean!And odd for an otherwise normally progressive club.

Why, if you live in Crawley should you get to listen to the game for free, but for me in Sevenoaks its £52 per year?

So, if it was fair to all, then of course I wouldnt wish to "rob them of this". But its not!!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Wasn't aware of this, have now signed up to SW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here