Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains need sorted before the really nasty teams come visiting

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've used the trains for every game bar Blackpool. The longest I've waited post match is 20 minutes (albeit having stayed behind for 1 pint).

I'm now reading NSC as on the way to tonight's game, it's taken me just 17 mins to get to the ground from Hove.

For anyone who's vaguely realistic about public transport and the time it takes shifting 20000 people at once, I really can't see what the problem is.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've used the trains for every game bar Blackpool. The longest I've waited post match is 20 minutes (albeit having stayed behind for 1 pint).

I'm now reading NSC as on the way to tonight's game, it's taken me just 17 mins to get to the ground from Hove.

For anyone who's vaguely realistic about public transport and the time it takes shifting 20000 people at once, I really can't see what the problem is.

Was about to post something similar. I've used the train for every game and haven't had a problem. I've waited as long as you'd expect to wait at a sporting event

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I have used both train and bus to get to and from the ground and have had no issues but maybe that's because I expect that moving 20,000 people from a sporting event is going to cause some queuing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RM6nf.jpg

There are not many Routemasters left running in London , they are only used on "heritage" routes 9 and 15 mainly catering for the tourists and shoppers. Some Routemasters have been sold to preservationists/enthusiasts and take part in transport rallies and "running days". B&H Buses acquired a Routemaster in 2009 (RML 2317) as a back up vehicle for an ageing 1953 Bristol K/ECW

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Maybe they will organise a special train for Palace going via Lewes and travelling that way thus meaning the two sets of supporters will be on opposite platforms ?

Could be fun for us that live in Seaford...

Feb 14, 2010
Poor old palace. The best they can come up with is that they were in a higher division when Brighton had been asset stripped. The reality is a worry for them after all :

- Brighton have won the Charity Shield/ been Champions of England, palace won the simon zenith windscreen paint pot cup
- Brighton cause a storm against York city and make international news, as against 300 palace fans get laughed at in the city
- Brighton get to a cup final in 1983 and palace manage to follow us there a number of years later
- Brighton sell 18500 season tickets and have a waiting list, palace struggle to get 8000

As the song goes, poor old palace.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Extra time tonight, will the club be putting up refugee tents for those stranded at the ground!?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It has nothing to do with signalling upgrades or anything like that. it is all about the ability to get trains on the track and running.

At the Monaco Grand Prix the SNCF manage to get 50,000 people out of Monaco and into Nice inside 1 hour after the Grand Prix.

All that is needed is 4 platforms at Brighton and the two Lewes platforms plus the sidings.

Oh and 12 trains.

That way you can get 6 trains an hour at the Falmer Station going each way.

Irrespective of the doubters here , it needs to be sorted and soon.

I dread to think what time the last passenger will leave Falmer station tonight. Probably worth staying until Saturday's match!!

TNBA

TTF

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Incidentally ... I've not seen fans fighting on the railway (either on trains or on platforms) every time I've attended matches at West Ham, Palace, Orient, Charlton, Brentford, Fulham, QPR or Millwall over the past ten years. And fans of both clubs travel together. Why do people think trains from Falmer present particularly difficult issues?

Walsall a couple of seasons ago was a bit "aggro". Lots of coin chucking

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It has nothing to do with signalling upgrades or anything like that. it is all about the ability to get trains on the track and running.

At the Monaco Grand Prix the SNCF manage to get 50,000 people out of Monaco and into Nice inside 1 hour after the Grand Prix.

All that is needed is 4 platforms at Brighton and the two Lewes platforms plus the sidings.

Oh and 12 trains.

That way you can get 6 trains an hour at the Falmer Station going each way.

Irrespective of the doubters here , it needs to be sorted and soon.

I dread to think what time the last passenger will leave Falmer station tonight. Probably worth staying until Saturday's match!!

TNBA

TTF

Let me know who is going to pay for this seeing as most people aren't even paying the £1 for their travel vouchers

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I have made a request to my Dad and Brother not to go to Millwall this year, seen alot of rumours about things they have planned for West Ham when they come, sadly during the Carling Cup some West Ham dickhead stabbed a man with his kids, and obviously Millwall want pay back, im sure the police have seen the rumours aswell, how this is not being played behind closed doors is beyond me.

I can see either of them clubs coming to Brighton and causing trouble, West Ham do have a nice family support but they also have alot of mindless pricks.

Jan 30, 2008
I have made a request to my Dad and Brother not to go to Millwall this year, seen alot of rumours about things they have planned for West Ham when they come, sadly during the Carling Cup some West Ham dickhead stabbed a man with his kids, and obviously Millwall want pay back, im sure the police have seen the rumours aswell, how this is not being played behind closed doors is beyond me.

I can see either of them clubs coming to Brighton and causing trouble, West Ham do have a nice family support but they also have alot of mindless pricks.
still taking your boy though ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here