Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains in this country are a joke!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just got back in from the station (Crowborough) as no trains are running due to a frozen line!!

Been told not to bother with Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells as they are the same. Nearest station with trains running is Haywards Heath.

How can the slightest smattering of snow knacker an entire region? It wasn't even that cold last night, I didn't even bother to put my heating and this morning there was some snow on the car this morning but no frost!!

Does anyone on here work for any of the train companies? Do you not bother to check the weather forecast?

What a joke this country is!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's called a lack of investment by central government. Railtrack (or whatever they are called now) have got rid of a lot of staff since privatisation. You'll find that most of the train problems are due to track or signal faults which are their responsibility.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
It's called a lack of investment by central government. Railtrack (or whatever they are called now) have got rid of a lot of staff since privatisation. You'll find that most of the train problems are due to track or signal faults which are their responsibility.

its Network Rail and yes they are shit:angry::angry:

Fatboy Stenno

Feb 26, 2007
Haywards Heath
Just got back in from the station (Crowborough) as no trains are running due to a frozen line!!

Been told not to bother with Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells as they are the same. Nearest station with trains running is Haywards Heath.

What a joke this country is!

I wouldn't bother wth Haywards Heath - trains are rubbish from there too. Most of them have been cancelled. FUCKERS.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is afucking joke. The London bridge train was cancelled this morning and am currently stopped just outside Gatwick on a worst crapital connect where apparently a whole load of trains are stuck at a red light.

National rail website says adverse weather conditions so can someone tell me what is adverse about a cold damp morning?

Dunno what time I'm going to get in but on the plus side I do get to watch Tony Meola Loan Spell sleep like a baby opposite me

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Slap Marcus in the face, TWICE, then tell him Charlie Oatway is now "helping" the club by coming to training sessions, that will cheer him up no end, luckily, in 3 hours time when you finally get to London Bridge, his rant may have finished x

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008

How can the slightest smattering of snow knacker an entire region? It wasn't even that cold last night, I didn't even bother to put my heating and this morning there was some snow on the car this morning but no frost!!

Does anyone on here work for any of the train companies? Do you not bother to check the weather forecast?

What a joke this country is![/QUOTE

It won't be the trains that are the problem as they are diesel so it must be due to frozen points which is the responsibility of Network Rail, not the train operating company.
Due to inversion the temperature at or very near ground level can be a lot lower than you can feel at head level.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We crawled for a mile and now we've stopped. What a joke. To make matters worse I've just been compared to southern rail. Thinks itself a bit smarter than the rest but flaky and unrelievke in cold weather. Cheeky git

D

Deleted User X18H

I am intending to travel from Preston Park to Brighton (and back) mid morning so I can get an earlyprice from William Hill at the Station. Will the trains be ok by then?? I could walk but don't to miss out on the chance of a moan up.

Oh if anyones's watching (Stalking more like) this will be when the boy has his morning / lunch time nap!!!

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Inversion my arse. This is southern England not Siberia. Just design the effing network to cope with temperatures that might drop to an adverse few degrees above freezing. It's not as if ......

I'm ranting now.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
So its not just me. I travel by train infrequently because its always sh1te every time I use them. Yet people have told me that I must just be unlucky. Clearly not the case.

The train chaos this morning in Kent and Sussex has even made it onto the Planetrock news

Let's hope its warm enough for the trains to take us to Brisbane Road on Saturday

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Inversion my arse. This is southern England not Siberia. Just design the effing network to cope with temperatures that might drop to an adverse few degrees above freezing. It's not as if ......

I'm ranting now.

Obviously physics wasn't taught at secondary modern schools.
On a clear night temperatures are at a minimum at dawn which at this time of year is at the start of the main commuter peak.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
It's not just today it's every day now. I started commuting up to Clapham Junction and on to Vauxhall 14 years ago and I always got a seat on the slammer and although there were reliability problems they were nowhere near as frequent as now - oh and it took me 60 minutes to get from HH to my office at the Oval. Now I rarely get a seat and it takes 75 minutes at best and 120 minutes this morning, What a freakin' joke. I've got a BMW R1100RT and I'm thinking about going back to making the journey on that, trouble is I did it before for a year and I got so sick of nutters in cars trying to knock me off it almost - not quite - put me off motorbikes. Still 13 years before I retire, depressed, frustrated and not even any decent prospects on the football pitch to cheer me up. I think I'll just f*** off to Florida.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Apparently there were short term blizzards on the North Downs in the early hours, these weren't forecast by the weather persons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here