Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train trouble today Lewes -> Brighton

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Why can't the train go from Brighton to Lewes and then on the same track back to Brighton? They do have sterring wheels at both ends. Obviously there will be a long delay between trains but suerly better than going via Haywards Heath...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Why can't the train go from Brighton to Lewes and then on the same track back to Brighton? They do have sterring wheels at both ends. Obviously there will be a long delay between trains but suerly better than going via Haywards Heath...

At a guess the train cant change tracks anywhere along the line accept Brighton and Lewes, dont think signals allow it either.

And probably not [MENTION=3779]seagullsovergrimsby[/MENTION] , so ill have to pay another £20 as i cant read T+Cs properly :(

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Luckily I HAVE a SAUSE at Southern too and THIS is the LATEST news -

1225 Seaford to Brighton has broken down between Lewes and Falmer thus no service running Lewes to Brighton via Falmer they are running via Wivelsfield.
Services from Brighton towards Lewes are running through Falmer but suffering heavy delays and cancellations due to stock and crew displacement.
Fitters and ops manager are on the stricken train now so can't see the line being closed much longer although delays will occur for a while after due to the stock and crew issues.
Allow extra time for your journey or catch the bus for which train tickets are valid.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Glad I booked with Seagull Travel tonight, :drink:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Rub it in why dont you :(

Southern Twitter says the line is reopened now so it should all be fine i would have thought - oh im not using cheap tickets tonight so you wont have a rant from me later on....probably

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Luckily I HAVE a SAUSE at Southern too and THIS is the LATEST news -

1225 Seaford to Brighton has broken down between Lewes and Falmer thus no service running Lewes to Brighton via Falmer they are running via Wivelsfield.
Services from Brighton towards Lewes are running through Falmer but suffering heavy delays and cancellations due to stock and crew displacement.
Fitters and ops manager are on the stricken train now so can't see the line being closed much longer although delays will occur for a while after due to the stock and crew issues.
Allow extra time for your journey or catch the bus for which train tickets are valid.

All well and good Ernest but what did you have for lunch with your snout?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So what does the latest tweet actually mean:

UPDATE: Delays between Lewes and Brighton until further notice - all lines re-opened, residual delays may occur

are there just "getting back to normal" delays now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the face of it it would appear that we should be able to travel to Falmer via Lewes this evening. How long should it take to get the service back to normal. Praise where it should be is that I think that the service to and from Falmer for matches has improved considerably as the season has progressed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
On the face of it it would appear that we should be able to travel to Falmer via Lewes this evening. How long should it take to get the service back to normal. Praise where it should be is that I think that the service to and from Falmer for matches has improved considerably as the season has progressed.

It has improved, although to be honest it wasn't as bad as people were making out all along

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Having noted that the club website is not carrying any news of possible delays, i thought i'd do the decent thing and give them a heads up in case they wanted to put something up.

Now maybe i misconstrued but the response was a little dismissive in tone and whilst thanked i was advised that they had just received a Tweet advising of only residual problems. DOH! If Southern Rail site still mentions possibility of 25 mins delay is not still worth putting up as a precaution:facepalm:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Having noted that the club website is not carrying any news of possible delays, i thought i'd do the decent thing and give them a heads up in case they wanted to put something up.

Now maybe i misconstrued but the response was a little dismissive in tone and whilst thanked i was advised that they had just received a Tweet advising of only residual problems. DOH! If Southern Rail site still mentions possibility of 25 mins delay is not still worth putting up as a precaution:facepalm:

Read above, should be fine by the match now, looks as if theres the odd cancelled train but thats all. Should be fine soon - all done and cleared up in about 2 hours so thats not bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here