Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train trouble today Lewes -> Brighton

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
v0_master.jpg

At least train did not break down on the viaduct. They wuz lucky.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Luckily I HAVE a SAUSE at Southern too and THIS is the LATEST news -

1225 Seaford to Brighton has broken down between Lewes and Falmer thus no service running Lewes to Brighton via Falmer they are running via Wivelsfield.
Services from Brighton towards Lewes are running through Falmer but suffering heavy delays and cancellations due to stock and crew displacement.
Fitters and ops manager are on the stricken train now so can't see the line being closed much longer although delays will occur for a while after due to the stock and crew issues.
Allow extra time for your journey or catch the bus for which train tickets are valid.

Let me have a wild guess? Was it one of those old shit London units from the 1970's that Southern swapped for our nice new trains? ??? The ones that are ALWAYS breaking down? Even the staff say they're shit. Over the last couple of years, I've been stuck in stations twice after the things have conked out.

In the good old BR days if a train broke down, they would dispatch a diesel locomotive to drag or push the thing out the way. That's not an option in this area these days.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Southern Website now reporting "No incidents on Network as at 16:15" :thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"Normal service resumed on Southern between Brighton and Lewes following earlier broken down train between Falmer and Lewes."

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Yoda

English & European
Still no Hove - Brighton shuttle. Not helping that the trains running into Brighton from the west are already full. Oh and what a surprise, there are also trains in the sidings at Brighton doing f*** all.

Sent from my Nexus S using TapaTalk while bashing one out.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The club needs to get a bucket load of busses in for league games as you can't rely on bloody trains,a fast and affective shuttle service needs to be sorted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My son has just told me that he read somewhere that delays are expected on the Brighton - Lewes line on Saturday but I have read the National rail website and there is nothing on that does anybody know of planned work on that line Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here