Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train tickets, yet again

Pat_Albion

Nov 10, 2007
BN41
I know there are other threads about it, i know it may be late to get the best deals and i know how moany people are on here but anyone willing to help me out? Basically just want to know, any deals for the trains to villa? What is the best way of going about it? Which station is closest/best to arrive at blah blah blah ....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
go to national rail enquires website, put in your journey details and look at the fares available. You need to go to B'ham New Street, Aston or Whittan(sp)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lots of threads on this very subject. But I want to start a new one and even acknowledge the fact by saying AGAIN.

In fact know what I did? I looked on the Aston Villa website and under travel arrangements they said on their website Witton is the nearest station but you can use Aston as well.

In the pre internet days I would actually have rung the club and if I didnt have the number use directory enquiries.

Last edited:

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
by way .. i booked 2 tickets on southern website from gatwick to witten via reading which it showed prices and times via reading, yet when i got print out of booking it stated the journey from gatwick via london euston..which i never booked for... any ideas why this has happened??, i have emailed southern but no reply

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Buy via Southern Railway

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
if your after a cheap way of getting there, website says going by coach is £20 with pickups between Littlehampton & Eastbourne

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
If i wanted to look, i would have looked. i didnt ask you to come on here crying your eyes out because i am too lazy. as people already have train tickets booked i was just asking how to get them cheapest

:cry:but the time you spent on here asking for advice could have been spent looking for the actual tickets, the internet does extend beyond NSC you know.

You're like my mum, she thinks google IS the internet.....

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Rather than start another thread I thinkn Ill hijack this one..

I am planning on driving (only because I am a chump and promised I would have a COMPLETELY sober January) but am just wondering where to park?

Having had a look on Google I can see there are a couple of options, local leisure centres, schools etc. Does anyone have any recommendations having been there before?

Cheers chaps!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I booked mine through Virgintrains.com a couple of days ago: Euston to BNS return. It's worked out at £28 for each adult and £14 per kid. I also booked a DaySave group ticket through Southernrailway.com for the train journey to Victoria (and return) which has worked out at £6 per adult and £1 for the sprogs.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008

As I have said in a previous thread - get yourself down to the Brighton or any Southern ticket office and if you can travel in a group of 4 you can get a groupsave 4 ticket travelling via Kensington Olympia and Watford Junction all the way to Birmingham New Street for a total of £83.60. Split that 4 ways and you are laughing! Leave Brighton at 0849 and arrive in Birmingham at 1136 - simples! So long as you travel via Kensington Olympia (changing at East Croydon and again at Watford Junction) you can join any Virgin Train from Watford Junction. I have booked seats too so bring it on! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here