Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Service Disruption - Brighton Main Line

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Hard to tell, there wasnt that much activity when i left, i reckon they'll be back on TRACK by this evening.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I mean- how ridiculous- the poor chaps either dead or he's not

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Not sure if it was a male or female. All I know is that it was a First Capital Connect service that struck the person.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
bristolseagull said:
Just come back from the station, 45-60 min delays on all trains to brighton.

Announcer said it was a 'suspected fatality' -what?

And here's another thing. Once the services start again once there's a 60 minute delay doesn't there reach a point where the timetable is actually maintained to all intents and purposes. For example if you got on the train at East Croydon you could actually be an hour late home but if you aimed for, say, the 16.30 out of Haywards Heath and it actually was the 15.30 arriving at 16.30 would you really notice?

Is my brain warped today?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Virgo's Haircut said:
Not sure if it was a male or female. All I know is that it was a First Capital Connect service that struck the person.

It's the train driver I feel sorry for, Must be horrible seeing it happen and not being able to do anything about it. I've spoken to a fair few drivers after they're train has just struck a person and sometimes it's hard to know what to say to the poor sods.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Guinness Boy said:
And here's another thing. Once the services start again once there's a 60 minute delay doesn't there reach a point where the timetable is actually maintained to all intents and purposes. For example if you got on the train at East Croydon you could actually be an hour late home but if you aimed for, say, the 16.30 out of Haywards Heath and it actually was the 15.30 arriving at 16.30 would you really notice?

Is my brain warped today?

Woh dude, that's DEEP.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
British Bulldog said:
It's the train driver I feel sorry for, Must be horrible seeing it happen and not being able to do anything about it. I've spoken to a fair few drivers after they're train has just struck a person and sometimes it's hard to know what to say to the poor sods.

V true. Last year we were called to recover the body of a suicide victim(?) from the Liverpool Street - Cambridge mainline.
The train driver was talking with the police when we arrived on the scene and was utterly devastated :nono:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Bry Nylon said:
V true. Last year we were called to recover the body of a suicide victim(?) from the Liverpool Street - Cambridge mainline.
The train driver was talking with the police when we arrived on the scene and was utterly devastated :nono:

There's no amount of training that can prepare a driver for these incidents. I think the worst time is between the train striking a person and getting somebody to the driver as fast as we can. There's been many drivers in the past who's railway career's have been ruined by fatalities.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I've just caught the 1644 Littlehampton/London Vic train which goes through HH, and although it left Littlehampton 5 mins late, there was no announcement to say it would be further delayed through HH so it would seem they are back to normal now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here