Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train farce

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Still surprised people try to get the train into Brighton straight after the game when there are empty buses sitting in Moulsecoomb. Quite glad I drove tonight though.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All cause by that 21:45 train not stopping. That has a knock-on effect on which train everyone else behind can get on. Hope someone gets their arse kicked for that mess. I got on the 22:07 which luckily had 8 carriages, but feel sorry for anyone at the back of that queue who had to make connections.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
fick that, how come the queue for the race hill P&R was double the usual length tonight? There weren't even THAT many cars there.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yellow jacketed people should be ignored as they are clueless.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still surprised people try to get the train into Brighton straight after the game when there are empty buses sitting in Moulsecoomb. Quite glad I drove tonight though.

Maybe because they live in places like London, Worthing, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath etc and are trying to make connections which in ALL other circumstances the train co is obliged to make or risk a delay/repay part refund? Just a thought.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Shambles before and after, shame as it improved recently. Just made kick off after managing to get on one of the two carriage trains! Waited for 20 minutes after the game with no sign of a train, rang home and got picked up. Can't wait to see another 5000 fans there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Maybe because they live in places like London, Worthing, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath etc and are trying to make connections which in ALL other circumstances the train co is obliged to make or risk a delay/repay part refund? Just a thought.
Bearing in mind most people have paid £0?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Bearing in mind most people have paid £0?

How much do suggest anyone should pay for such an utter shambles of a service? Getting rammed into dangerously over crowded trains, 8 carriages worth of passengers fighting over 3 carriages, £0 is all its worth.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
first time on the train for me NEVER AGAIN ill stick to my motorbike in future. If i ride to the amex i am normaly in the cricketers pub in southwick by 10.10 tonight i was still at falmer

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Should point out for evening games, there are NO extra coaches (except for a few after the match) as the coaches usually used for the weekend games are being used on weekday peak trains, mostly to/from London. Cant get any extra coaches from anywhere.

Rather than the train lengths, its the bloody information they need to get right.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I have to get to Pompey but missed the last train cause of this farce so am now on way to Chi then an EXTREMELY expensive taxi.

Never ever again. My seat will be empty for mid week fixtures from now on.

Sorry Gus, your Bus just doesn't run my way for mid-week games.

I know that's a real bummer for you but it is the first time they've really f***ed up. Normally it runs pretty smoothly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How much do suggest anyone should pay for such an utter shambles of a service? Getting rammed into dangerously over crowded trains, 8 carriages worth of passengers fighting over 3 carriages, £0 is all its worth.

How well would you do your job if your company haven't paid you? All I'm saying is that the people who have stolen free travel should shoulder some of the blame.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
How well would you do your job if your company haven't paid you? All I'm saying is that the people who have stolen free travel should shoulder some of the blame.

Correct, problem is they cater for the numbers who have bought tickets and base the service on that which they get from the club. Saying that it was a shambles waiting for the train and no idea why the 2145 was advertised on time, then 2159 then not at all.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
My favourite thing about S******n's performance tonight was that the trains down from London Bridge were f***ed too. So i'd already missed the first 30mins of the game thanks to them before the post-game shambles.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Correct, problem is they cater for the numbers who have bought tickets and base the service on that which they get from the club. Saying that it was a shambles waiting for the train and no idea why the 2145 was advertised on time, then 2159 then not at all.

Southern know how many people use the trains for each game so they should know how many to cater for. I have been led to believe they're paid a flat fee so how many vouchers the club have sold is surely irrelevant to the train company?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
My favourite thing about S******n's performance tonight was that the trains down from London Bridge were f***ed too. So i'd already missed the first 30mins of the game thanks to them before the post-game shambles.

Apparently wouldn't have happened if you had paid for your ticket.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Southern know how many people use the trains for each game so they should know how many to cater for. I have been led to believe they're paid a flat fee so how many vouchers the club have sold is surely irrelevant to the train company?

They go by the numbers told them by the club so cater for that, so the club would base the numbers on the numbers of vouchers sold

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I thought this thread was going to be dedicated to the balls up at Brighton Station BEFORE the game. 25 minutes wait on the platform for a huge queue of people - one 3 coach train - I arrived dead on kick off - there must of been thousands that arrived later.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
They go by the numbers told them by the club so cater for that, so the club would base the numbers on the numbers of vouchers sold

So southern assume that nobody is travelling without a voucher? What about away fans? I think I'm beginning to see the problem!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here