Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train disruption tomorrow as well

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bet you can't wait till the integrated Southern/FCC franchise starts

I cannot see any logic behind this new franchise at all, what is the point ?

What time is tomorrows timetable due out, does anyone know ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course all the Southern bashers must have forgotten when Brighton signal box burnt down in 1984 and the damage caused delays for months afterwards, so it is not a factor of privatised or nationalised railways that are better or not it is that an accident causing such damage fucks everything up

Shame the railways didn't learn and STILL leave themselves open, exposed and dependent on a single box almost 30 years later.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bet you can't wait till the integrated Southern/FCC franchise starts

I'm surprised the railways know what this word means.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Boxing Day will be fine even if things aren't sorted, there is only an hourly service scheduled so the signalling problems won't affect that at all. Way the rain is going might not get any racing anyway

That's good news, many thanks. Don't think the racing will be off, it's 1-7 on Betfair to go ahead, but even if it gets washed out, for various reasons I'm still likely to be needing a train.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That's good news, many thanks. Don't think the racing will be off, it's 1-7 on Betfair to go ahead, but even if it gets washed out, for various reasons I'm still likely to be needing a train.

How are you getting to Kempton?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Went from Brighton to Hampton court via Glasgow yesterday. Wasn't as bad as expected. It wasn't the rail services that were the pain in the arse it was all the train passengers moaning and complaining and pushing and shoving and generally acting as if they had been personally wronged by Southern Rail. If they had all calmed down, realised that whatever happens the journey is going to take longer, there's nothing anyone can do and if people accepted that and relaxed it would be all the more pleasant for people. The rail companies kept us updated and informed and were realsitic, they didn't raise anyon'e expectations. I think my journey took an hour longet than normal and one more change at Gatwick than usual. People really do get themselves in a pickle don't they?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Hope we get at least 4 meetings on as keeps me occupied. Wouldn't worry about trains as it is only the volume of the normal service through Preston Park that is causing the present problems and one an hour on Boxing Day will be fine.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hope we get at least 4 meetings on as keeps me occupied.

'Ernest' your reply reminds me of the character in Trains, Planes, & Automobiles who sells shower rings (John Candy). Your welcome round ours this Christmas as long as you don't mention my EX AlBioN WInteRER COat as it makes my kids cry :wrong:

westsussexmackem

Aug 1, 2011
...West Sussex.
Took me nearly 4 hours to get from Tunbridge Wells back home on Friday night/Saturday morning. Finally got back home just before 2:30am, shocking to think even at that time the carriages were packed like a tin of sardines. Could only imagine it was 10x worse throughout the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here