Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

train delays brighton to london

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm a BROKEN DOWN train. And quelle surprise it was a Gatwick Express (which was always late last year due to problems) utter ***** the rail company, the flagship with the old shitty stock.

Why cant they have trains that WORK? Is that too much to ask? EVIDENTLY.

I know there is little they can do when you get a selfish twat wanting to end it all and throw the network into chaos, but BROKEN DOWN train? In the UK? In 2011? THIS f***ing COUNTRY.

So glad they can increase rail fares to line their back f***ing pockets.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hmm a BROKEN DOWN train. And quelle surprise it was a Gatwick Express (which was always late last year due to problems) utter ***** the rail company, the flagship with the old shitty stock.

Why cant they have trains that WORK? Is that too much to ask? EVIDENTLY.

I know there is little they can do when you get a selfish twat wanting to end it all and throw the network into chaos, but BROKEN DOWN train? In the UK? In 2011? THIS f***ing COUNTRY.

So glad they can increase rail fares to line their back f***ing pockets.

This.

A fatality or fire like there was last week, while a pain in the arse is not the train company's fault but broken down trains are. That Gatwick Express 442 stock is a f***ing joke. Whoever bought them off SWT should be sacked. Every winter they break down either pulling away or, more usually, with door mechanism problems. Many that are not cancelled run short formed with 5 cars due to this.

Other problems have continued, obstructions and signalling problems. I was supposed to be getting the train to Reigate today but am back home having had a little (ironic) rant on here earlier on another thread.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This.

A fatality or fire like there was last week, while a pain in the arse is not the train company's fault but broken down trains are. That Gatwick Express 442 stock is a f***ing joke. Whoever bought them off SWT should be sacked. Every winter they break down either pulling away or, more usually, with door mechanism problems. Many that are not cancelled run short formed with 5 cars due to this.

Other problems have continued, obstructions and signalling problems. I was supposed to be getting the train to Reigate today but am back home having had a little (ironic) rant on here earlier on another thread.

Totally agreed !

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
2 and half hours Brighton -> Victoria this morning! 6.30 Gatwick Express out of Brighton got me to Victoria at 9:01 Still, on the bright side, at least it was going to work and not coming home.

Amazing difference in peoples stress levels depending on which way the delays are :laugh:

Jon, that must've been the GE they tried to switch us to, but it looked like it sat at PP for at least 30 mins. I went home.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
GE stock is old and knackered.

Some of that stock must be nearly 50 years old by now.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
GE stock is old and knackered.

Some of that stock must be nearly 50 years old by now.

When they first brought it in to service on the Brighton line the 7.10 from BH was cancelled almost on a daily basis. Then after weeks of problems they announced that it would be cancelled until they got the replacement parts. If memory serves me right, that was this time last year.

Every time I get on one of the confounded trains, I think to myself will the doors close. Good trains, but like you say, WELL past their sell by date

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When they first brought it in to service on the Brighton line the 7.10 from BH was cancelled almost on a daily basis. Then after weeks of problems they announced that it would be cancelled until they got the replacement parts. If memory serves me right, that was this time last year.

Every time I get on one of the confounded trains, I think to myself will the doors close. Good trains, but like you say, WELL past their sell by date

Shouldnt be ALLOWED. But of course it is.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

That is exactly my thought every time, I wait for the beep of the doors and hope to hell they all close properly. Why they got these trains which were replaced by SW trains because of reliability issues I have no idea? I think Southern are after trains on the cheap with these and the old London Overground stock without toilets.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Nah, we didn't stop until just north of PP. Must've been the 6.40

I was on the 6.30. Should have got the 6.37 to London Bridge but heard it was cancelled from a guy at the desk by the cash machine a full 5 mins before it was announced over the tannoy. I decided to stay on til Victoria and use the circle then jubilee line for my trip to the Isle of Dogs. Got into the office at 9.30 anout 90 mins after I normally would)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have got to use what is laughingly described as the train "service" tomorrow and am dreading it.

How the fcuk some of you do it every day, I have absolutely no idea :down:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Signal issues tonight in Balham apparently so nothing travelling south at the moment

I chose well having today off. Mind you, I got a train from Newhaven to Falmer this afternoon and that was 10 minutes late, it's only a 15 minute journey.

At least I don't have to face the nightmare that's London at the moment

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
And ticket prices going up in January as usual. :rant:

I don't commute and never have done but wonder HOW people do it five days a week. You deserve much better.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
And ticket prices going up in January as usual. :rant:

I don't commute and never have done but wonder HOW people do it five days a week. You deserve much better.

TBH, when things are working it's no problem at all. It is a long day, but I know people on every train I get, I read more than I would at home, I listen to music, I do work if I have my laptop - and, of course, I choose to do it (sort of). BUT, and it's a big BUT, it's a nightmare when things go wrong, which is happening increasingly, it seems. Getting paid 5 times the national average kinda helps too !!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am seriously considering a change of job due to the cost and increasingly poor performance

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Jon, that must've been the GE they tried to switch us to, but it looked like it sat at PP for at least 30 mins. I went home.

That was the 06:44 from Preston Park that sat there until 07:29, finally pulled into Victoria at 09:16 after an extra stop at East Croydump. Delayed again on the way home.

The 442's are lovely, just a pity they took the original seats out - they were really comfortable.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well i tried to catch the 5.23 from LB to Littlehampton (change at HH for Brighton) and of course its CANCELLED due to a fault on the train. So I catch the 5.42 to LA. We get to Croyden and wait and wait and wait. They then announce that the driver does not know the way to Littlehampton so they are waiting a relief driver. Add to the signal probs and broken down trains today its fair to say it was a f***ing SHAMBLES.

What it worse is annual tix holders get shafted. If you bought a tix on the day you can claim compensation...

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
Season ticket holders can claim via Delay & Repay, only if they are late by 30mins+ though, which is quite frequent these days.
I try and get back as much as I can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here