Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

train carnage again to london

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
All of this is a pretty pointless argument as all the doors are automatically locked anyway. You couldn't get out unless you're Dynamo. This isn't 1985 where you can stick your head out the window of a moving train.

All trains have an emergency exit function which allows you to open the doors.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So I take it you never considered phoning the police to claim that the guard was holding you hostage ? Just think you could have been out there in a helicopter in no time at all if you had claimed to have shot him. Imagine the post incident review, all of the rail companies would have got around the table and immediately put an end to all rail delays ever. I believe this is what happened in Switzerland back in the day.

Exactly. You need to think outside the box when being held hostage by the train company.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Portslade was in Portslade but they moved it to West Hove but kept the name....Hove used to be West Brighton & although it stayed where it is the name changed to Hove

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
All trains have an emergency exit function which allows you to open the doors.

So you would smash the glass on the emergency exit to open the train door which would then alert the driver cause even more trouble?

As anyone on here who commutes will tell you, disruptive passengers are one of the biggest causes of train delays. They tend to be people with massive chips on their shoulder hellbent on teaching authority a lesson but just having the net effect of making things worse......

You haven't a clue.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Took me 45mins to get from Wivelsfield to Haywards Heath this morning! Was only in HH for around 45mins, to go in ONE shop. :rant:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Any troubles getting back tonight people, wife is stuck at East Croydon with no info, nothing on southern rail info board ?

Still on my sofa from this morning. I agree the Southerns site says everything's on time. Mind, they were saying that when we'd been sitting at Hove for 45 minutes this morning.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Still on my sofa from this morning. I agree the Southerns site says everything's on time. Mind, they were saying that when we'd been sitting at Hove for 45 minutes this morning.

She was on a train home and got to East Croydon and sent back to London Bridge ! Think she is in the bloody pub Richard, left holding the baby again !! Trust your well sir.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
She was on a train home and got to East Croydon and sent back to London Bridge ! Think she is in the bloody pub Richard, left holding the baby again !! Trust your well sir.

Surviving, thanks matey. Next operation in 10 days, my 5th in 8 months, not a lot of fun. Not forgotten about the next order, should be in the next few weeks hopefully. You ok, apart from a missing wife ?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So you would smash the glass on the emergency exit to open the train door which would then alert the driver cause even more trouble?

As anyone on here who commutes will tell you, disruptive passengers are one of the biggest causes of train delays. They tend to be people with massive chips on their shoulder hellbent on teaching authority a lesson but just having the net effect of making things worse......

You haven't a clue.

I am not normally a disruptive person, but I truly believe that at some stage during a six hour delay I would start to become so. And I rather think that most other people on the train would welcome someone actually doing something, not just sitting there like a captive sheep.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Surviving, thanks matey. Next operation in 10 days, my 5th in 8 months, not a lot of fun. Not forgotten about the next order, should be in the next few weeks hopefully. You ok, apart from a missing wife ?

Fine thanks now I have just put the little one to sleep and the wife is due back in about an hour so time for a nice glass of wine watching SSN in peace !

Good luck with the operation, dont worry about the flooring just yet, its too cold to be sat in the conservatory watching cricket young man !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am not normally a disruptive person, but I truly believe that at some stage during a six hour delay I would start to become so. And I rather think that most other people on the train would welcome someone actually doing something, not just sitting there like a captive sheep.

You say that, however the glares from people you would get from people who dont like confrontation thinking in some way it will delay them even more is just toooo much for an Englishman and his stiff upper lip to contemplate.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Nothing to see double post

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any troubles getting back tonight people, wife is stuck at East Croydon with no info, nothing on southern rail info board ?

I stayed a bit later at work tonight - not much, mind - due to FCCUUNN**S making me 3 hours late this morning. Got to East Croydon about 18:15 and there was a lovely Gatwick Express just pulling in. Think it was about 5-10 minutes late. Never knew they stopped at East Croydon. Might try it again tomorrow night. Half-empty, really comfy seats, discarded Evening Standard to read. Result!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I stayed a bit later at work tonight - not much, mind - due to FCCUUNN**S making me 3 hours late this morning. Got to East Croydon about 18:15 and there was a lovely Gatwick Express just pulling in. Think it was about 5-10 minutes late. Never knew they stopped at East Croydon. Might try it again tomorrow night. Half-empty, really comfy seats, discarded Evening Standard to read. Result!

I believe some Gatwick Expresses don't stop at Gatwick ... go figure (unless "Express" means you see Gatwick whizz past the window)

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Papa, I don't have a list, but, Mon last week was bad snow, I've claimed 2 hours morning. Fri was broken down train, I've not claimed yet but will be another 2 hours, then today at least an hour. As I usually head home when there's problems, to work there, so I don't know about the return trips but I was told evening was bad on Fri as well.

Far be it for me to think you're after the info just so you claim for anything going, no-one would ever do that .... Would they :)

don't forget the trespasser on the track between croydon and london b
ridge last Thursday and the broken down train around hove last Friday.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

This post says far more about your mental and social instabilities than anything, really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here