Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

train carnage again to london

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I mean that everybody I know under the age of 20 is completely inept and I wouldn't want them being in charge of important things.

The over 20s have not covered themselves in glory have they? I have more faith in the youth than in anyone over 25. The over 25s have completely f***ed the country/world.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You and I seem to disagree about most things, so we'd best leave it at that. But the below story illustrates that it is best to create a fuss in order to get things done.

The Man Who Cried Wolf

Tony Gladstone was going to bed the other night when he realized that some people had broken into his shed and began stealing things. Gladstone phoned the police and was told that there was no one in the area to help, and they would send someone over as soon as possible.
Gladstone hung up. A minute later he called again. “Hello,” he says “I called you a minute ago because there were people in my shed. You don’t have to hurry now, because I’ve shot them.”
Within moments there were 6 police cars in the area, accompanied by helicopters and an armed response unit. The police response time was so immediate that they were able to catch the burglars in the act.
An officer on the scene says to Gladstone “I thought you said you’d shot them.”
To which Gladstone replied: “I thought you said there was no one available.”

... and totally irrelevant to the situation under discussion.

Having a one-size-fits-all solution to any given scenario means you still don't know what you're on about. I honestly think you've been watching to many Steven Seagal films while drinking too many sugary drinks.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
... and totally irrelevant to the situation under discussion.

Having a one-size-fits-all solution to any given scenario means you still don't know what you're on about. I honestly think you've been watching to many Steven Seagal films while drinking too many sugary drinks.

So I take it you never considered phoning the police to claim that the guard was holding you hostage ? Just think you could have been out there in a helicopter in no time at all if you had claimed to have shot him. Imagine the post incident review, all of the rail companies would have got around the table and immediately put an end to all rail delays ever. I believe this is what happened in Switzerland back in the day.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The over 20s have not covered themselves in glory have they? I have more faith in the youth than in anyone over 25. The over 25s have completely f***ed the country/world.

Not all of us. I'm 27 and the worst I've done, I think, is boil a couple of ants nests as a kid.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
So I take it you never considered phoning the police to claim that the guard was holding you hostage ? Just think you could have been out there in a helicopter in no time at all if you had claimed to have shot him. Imagine the post incident review, all of the rail companies would have got around the table and immediately put an end to all rail delays ever. I believe this is what happened in Switzerland back in the day.

All of this is a pretty pointless argument as all the doors are automatically locked anyway. You couldn't get out unless you're Dynamo. This isn't 1985 where you can stick your head out the window of a moving train.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
All of this is a pretty pointless argument as all the doors are automatically locked anyway. You couldn't get out unless you're Dynamo. This isn't 1985 where you can stick your head out the window of a moving train.

... and get it knocked off going through Clayton tunnel.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

I'm sure the next generation will do better... or maybe not.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I can't believe that a descendant of WE Gladstone - the Grand Old Man, no less - wasted police time like that anyway.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can anyone list the days that delay repay has been needed in the last couple of weeks - I've stupidly not made a note?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I think the old slam doors hung around a little longer than 1985 :lolol:
I also reckon you could get off one of these trains, if you really needed to, but I think that is enough feeding the fantasist.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I mean that everybody I know under the age of 20 is completely inept and I wouldn't want them being in charge of important things.

Can you define important things? Do you mean cooking you dinner? Or do you mean running things like the Southern Rail network? Or perhaps you mean when they grow up you don't want them in charge of important things? If it is the latter, it's very impressive that you can judge the development of EVERY young person you know. Very impressive indeed! Perhaps you could start a course on it?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Can anyone list the days that delay repay has been needed in the last couple of weeks - I've stupidly not made a note?

Papa, I don't have a list, but, Mon last week was bad snow, I've claimed 2 hours morning. Fri was broken down train, I've not claimed yet but will be another 2 hours, then today at least an hour. As I usually head home when there's problems, to work there, so I don't know about the return trips but I was told evening was bad on Fri as well.

Far be it for me to think you're after the info just so you claim for anything going, no-one would ever do that .... Would they :)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Can you define important things? Do you mean cooking you dinner? Or do you mean running things like the Southern Rail network? Or perhaps you mean when they grow up you don't want them in charge of important things? If it is the latter, it's very impressive that you can judge the development of EVERY young person you know. Very impressive indeed! Perhaps you could start a course on it?

I was being facetious. It was a joke. Get it? Of course we're not all doomed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa, I don't have a list, but, Mon last week was bad snow, I've claimed 2 hours morning. Fri was broken down train, I've not claimed yet but will be another 2 hours, then today at least an hour. As I usually head home when there's problems, to work there, so I don't know about the return trips but I was told evening was bad on Fri as well.

Far be it for me to think you're after the info just so you claim for anything going, no-one would ever do that .... Would they :)

Nope. Of course not :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here