Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train advice for tonight - NO TRAINS BETWEEN THREE BRIDGES & HAYWARDS HEATH TONIGHT

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
At present there are no services between Three Bridges and Haywards Heath and this will be the case for the rest of the day. There is a replacement bus service between these stations but the queues are massive and the wait could be hours.

I'd advise the following, use the SET service from Charing Cross/London Bridge to St Leonards and change there for the direct train to Falmer , allow 3 hours or so for this. Alternatively there is now a shuttle service between Redhill and Tonbridge to pick up the St Leonards train from there.

Services to Brighton from London Victoria are running via Littlehampton at xx17 and xx47 which will take approx 2hrs 30mins and then you still need to navigate the queues at Brighton for Falmer.

Or travel via Uckfield and then Brighton buses to Lewes or Falmer but capacity is restricted and could be queuing on this route.

There is a shuttle service half hourly between Haywards Heath and Lewes but nothing between Hove and Haywards Heath.

All tickets are valid on whichever route you choose including the buses.

If I get any updated info I'll post it here.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Very good of you to flag Ernest. Not relevant to me, but clearly going to cause a lot of Brighton and Leeds grief, particularly back, with those needing to make connections.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Latest update

London to Brighton departing xx17 calling at Clapham J, E Croydon, Gatwick, Three Bridges, Horsham , Littlehampton and all stations to Brighton. This is the only direct service from London to Brighton each hour until further notice.

Services from Victoria to Bognor/Southampton at xx02 and xx32 and change at Barnham for Brighton is the only other way from Victoria at the present.

xx07 and xx37 services from Haywards Hth to Lewes/Eastbourne/Hastings running as booked.

Also all normal Brighton to Portsmouth/Southampton/West Worthing running as booked as are Brighton to Hastings/Lewes/Seaford services

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Actually for people travelling from Horsham this could be better as there isn't normally a direct service at all

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This is why they need to re-open Uckfield-Lewes. Then everyone could go that that way and we'd have no problems.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ernest - how will this affect people travelling East from Falmer after the game? Will there be more people trying to do that? Different train times?

If it is easy for you can you post what times (and until when) Eastbound trains will be leaving Falmer tonight... is it the standard timetable or do they have extra ones after a night game?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ernest - how will this affect people travelling East from Falmer after the game? Will there be more people trying to do that? Different train times?

If it is easy for you can you post what times (and until when) Eastbound trains will be leaving Falmer tonight... is it the standard timetable or do they have extra ones after a night game?

Nothing has been decided yet, the normal service plus football additionals will run though

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
does anybody know if the tunnel will definitely be shut all day... or is there a chance it will re-open later today perhaps?

Maybe if anybody is driving back in the direction of London after the game tonight, and they have space in their car, they could help fellow fans and offer lifts back to somewhere convenient, like Gatwick, which would only add 5 mins or so to the journey time dropping off there.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] - thanks for the thread, would have completely missed it otherwise. Luckily I can escape work early and get either the St Leonards or via Littlehampton route, but my big worry is how late they are going to run everything back to London at night.

Will these "after 1600" buses/shuttles be running as late as 11pm to get those of us in London home??

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] - thanks for the thread, would have completely missed it otherwise. Luckily I can escape work early and get either the St Leonards or via Littlehampton route, but my big worry is how late they are going to run everything back to London at night.

Will these "after 1600" buses/shuttles be running as late as 11pm to get those of us in London home??

Buses and trains will run as late as needed to clear everyone but you won't be getting back to London till quite late

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Buses and trains will run as late as needed to clear everyone but you won't be getting back to London till quite late

Thanks.

Late isn't a problem - being stuck sleeping on either Haywards Heath or Three Bridges platform until tomorrow morning would be....

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Additional service will run tonight as follows

1700 London Bridge to Brighton calling at Hastings, Bexhill, Eastbourne, Polegate, Lewes and Brighton

ETA at Brighton?

Obviously only my opinion, but I'm going to steer well clear of that one. It will be absolutely rammed with commuters desperate to get home - and if you don't get on, you don't make the match by that time...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here