Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traffic wardens: utterly spiteful bastards

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Don't you just want to THUMP the Hitler-hatted fucktards HARD in the FACE?

I have moved recently, and when I phoned Carlisle city council to ask for a new permit they said "bring your old permit, your car reg documents and some ID along and we'll sort you one out." So I walked to the civic centre on my way to work this morning with said documents in hand. I left a note on my dashboard explaining why there was no permit there.

I get back from work, and I've been ticketted. By Carlisle city council.

I am SURE the warden did this out of spite because and REASONABLE person would have taken notice of the note and thought: "well, if there's no permit there tomorrow perhaps I'll do him then".

But no. I am SO angry. Have just emailed my local councillor with a slightly less sweary version of this message. I am going to sue their municipal ass.....

GNNNNAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHH :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Don't talk to me about those ticket Nazis. I despise them.

I visited Bournemouth earlier this year and paid and displayed in a public car park only to return to my car to find a ticket splashed on the windscreen.

'How could the warden failed to have seen my obvious ticket?' I thought and duly waited for the stuff in the post to arrive so I could write back and show them my ticket. Except that I heard nothing so simply forgot about it.

Then just this week my parents tell me I've got some mail waiting at their house which has been accumulating for a few months. Well guess what I find amongst it. The fine has gone up to a staggering £160 because I wasn't aware they were sending post to my old address and when I called them to challenge the fine they tell me that regardless of whether I can prove I had a ticket or not the fine will still stand as it is now too late to challenge it.

What is more, they claim they are sending the bailiffs round next week, to my parents' house! So how does that work? Are they just gonna pilfer my parents' stuff?

Absolute bunch of *****

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I used to hate traffic wardens (getting £70 plus worth of fines from a warden in Chesterfield whilst watching the Albion lose to an 89 minute winner didn't help :angry: ) and remember voicing my support for young byf (remember him?) last year when he threw a cheeseburger at a traffic warden in the Lanes............BUT..........I live in the centre of town (7 Dials) and without the wardens, finding the near-impossible permit only parking space would be even more difficult

Shit job, no thanks, but they do have their uses

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dancin Ninja BHA said:

Shit job, no thanks, but they do have their uses

When you find a socially acceptable use for them let me know!

In Guildford they are f**king useless...happy to ticket somebody miles away from anywhere but do they bother with the selfish f**kers blocking traffic because they've double parked opposite a bus stop? And don't get me started on the school run....why don't they dish out tickets where they're justified instead of sending little nazi bastards out on a scooter to ticket people who aren't causing an obstruction??? I frigging hate the little bastards. I think we should be able to use that word which shall remain forever banned when talking of traffic wardens.

Who started this thread:angry: :angry: Getting me blood pressure up and making me come over all unnecessary:D

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Careful everybody, there is a group of Daily Mail readers who post on NSC and any moment now there's going to be posts along the lines of "IT'S THE LAW SO DON'T BREAK IT EVER FOR ANY REASON! PARKING RESTRICTIONS ARE IMPORTANT AND MUST ALWAYS BE OBEYED WITHOUT QUESTION!"

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Park in Lewes, I can all day on a yellow and never get a ticket. 1 warden goes there once every 3 days.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Kingston is the worst! All these african traffic warden giving out un necessary tickets. Apparently they get commission for each ticket they give :censored:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They are just about to introduce a permit scheme around Queens Park. Pam until 8pm. It's absolutely ridiculous, the only time when it's bad around there is from about 9 until 5 when the workers of Amex park there. After that it's more than easy to find a space DIRECTLY outside your house. This scheme is purely an exercise in fund raising for the council but will undoubtedly go through because all the Councillers live around there.

There is no parking problem around Queens Park but there's about 20,000 grand a year in it for the Council.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm gonna defend them <shock horror>, ok some are right twats and ticket some cars/work vans for ridiculous things but a vast majority are JUST DOING THEIR JOB!

Coming from a background of being a White Van Driver I know how bloody annoying it is to see normal cars parkd in "Loading Bay Only" areas, have cars double parked (Hove), cars blatantly parked on double-yellows or too close to a turning. The wardens have a job to do and I for one give them the thumbs up when they are ticketing useless twats who cant park cars or dont know the highway code properly.

I'm even thinking about becoming one as the pays not too shabby and you get a nice uniform with a HAT :p

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
CrabtreeBHA said:
I'm gonna defend them <shock horror>, ok some are right twats and ticket some cars/work vans for ridiculous things but a vast majority are JUST DOING THEIR JOB!

Coming from a background of being a White Van Driver I know how bloody annoying it is to see normal cars parkd in "Loading Bay Only" areas, have cars double parked (Hove), cars blatantly parked on double-yellows or too close to a turning. The wardens have a job to do and I for one give them the thumbs up when they are ticketing useless twats who cant park cars or dont know the highway code properly.

I wasn't parked dangerously, or on double yellows. I wasn't obstructing anyone. I was in a PARKING SPACE, OUTSIDE MY HOUSE. There is PLENTY of parking in my street.

I had even left a note in the windscreen explaining why, for about nine hours, I was in breach of COUNCIL REGULATIONS (not the law, Daily Mail readers, COUNCIL REGULATIONS).

Giving me a ticket because of that smacks of SPITEFULNESS and VINDICTIVE BEHAVIOUR.

CrabtreeBHA said:
I'm even thinking about becoming one as the pays not too shabby and you get a nice uniform with a HAT :p

Prepare to be insulted, and have the size of your genitalia criticised.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
brighton_b0y said:
Kingston is the worst! All these african traffic warden giving out un necessary tickets. Apparently they get commission for each ticket they give :censored:

Well someone needs to stop all the people double parking outside the Juggs :jester:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
was'nt getting at you at all Pevensey, just fed up with people stereotyping them to be complete arseholes when they are just doing their job. Yeah fair enough you should'nt of got a ticket but its easily arguable with the Council and they will know you are after a permit at that time so they should let you off. The Warden may of giving it to you as he probably see's 2-3 of them a week from other people who use them as an excuse, unlike your proper reason.

and I'll take the jibes if it means I can play with those new electronic toys the have :p

Had my 1st 2nd ever parking tickets in the last month. 1st was 8.50 at night parked on a single yellow line in an empty road (residents only further down), with no sign saying single line conditions. 2nd, I paid and displayed after pulling up next to a 6ft high sign saying 'pay & dsplay'. Came back to car to find ticket for parking in permit holders only (later found small sign turned backwards on lamp post 10 yds further up the road).

There is a need for sensible policing of parking, but like Brighton, Southampton has a private company who go out proactively to make money. Absolute scum:angry:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Problem is most the Wardens don't use common sense or descresion ( sp ). This is because they are generally on target driven bonuses - how f***ed up is that ???? They should get a salary and no more - the only target should be to ticket people who are really breaking the parking regulations not to see who can write the most tickets in a day.

Despite the Council ( and that idiot councillor Simon Battle ) constantly whining that it's not a cash raising exercise - IT IS !!! ( Strange how our council tax doesn't do down with all the revenues they get from tickets ).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Westdene Seagull said:
Problem is most the Wardens don't use common sense or descresion ( sp ). This is because they are generally on target driven bonuses - how f***ed up is that ???? They should get a salary and no more - the only target should be to ticket people who are really breaking the parking regulations not to see who can write the most tickets in a day.

exactly, that drives (pun intended) them to give tickets of very minor offences like Pevenseys in the first place. A Salary with overtime etc and no more would be the best route, seems the Council are trying to Scare motorists from parking anywhere at all!

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Soton Seagull said:
Had my 1st 2nd ever parking tickets in the last month. 1st was 8.50 at night parked on a single yellow line in an empty road (residents only further down), with no sign saying single line conditions. 2nd, I paid and displayed after pulling up next to a 6ft high sign saying 'pay & dsplay'. Came back to car to find ticket for parking in permit holders only (later found small sign turned backwards on lamp post 10 yds further up the road).

There is a need for sensible policing of parking, but like Brighton, Southampton has a private company who go out proactively to make money. Absolute scum:angry:

Soton, both of these are disputable. Depending on where you were (ie. which authority) you may need to pay first, debate later. Brighton & Hove has an automatic (but unadvertised) policy of suspending the ticket if it's in dispute.

The more information that you gather (time, date, exact location, eg. outside no. 61, etc.) the better. Ideally take photos which show the reason for the dispute.

Note: Double yellow lines always mean 24 hrs and, since March, don't need a plate advertising "at any time". Single yellow lines do need a plate to be displayed and if you can't see it (eg. if it's turned around, missing or covered up) then the ticket's disputable (your 1st ticket). It's also disputable if there's an apparent confusion as to what restrictions apply to which parking areas (your 2nd one).

There are also rules governing how effectively or correctly the lines themselves need to be, but I won't go into those here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here