Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traffic wardens: utterly spiteful bastards

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Yes they can be a pain, but then again so are non residents who park in controlled parking zones and then fail to pay and display....they are much worse than the wardens !!!:angry:

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
...and residents (with permits) who park in the "waiting restricted to 2 hrs/4 hrs, no return within 1 hr" bays, leaving residents' bays empty but unuseable.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Brovian said:
Careful everybody, there is a group of Daily Mail readers who post on NSC and any moment now there's going to be posts along the lines of "IT'S THE LAW SO DON'T BREAK IT EVER FOR ANY REASON! PARKING RESTRICTIONS ARE IMPORTANT AND MUST ALWAYS BE OBEYED WITHOUT QUESTION!"

I think the Mail bitch about traffic wardens more than any other paper I've read, and with total justification. The description in the first post sums them up nicely, IMHO

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
who else wants to come with me at 4am and do the windows of the warden office (near LA fitness).

bring your own balaclavas.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
brunswick said:
who else wants to come with me at 4am and do the windows of the warden office (near LA fitness).

bring your own balaclavas.

you're gonna smash windows with balaclavas? ???

good luck :thumbsup:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
DNA spit kits for traffic wardens

Traffic wardens in Edinburgh are to be issued with DNA kits in an effort to track down people who spit at them.
Police said the action followed two incidents in which wardens were spat in the face. One of the attackers was a pedestrian, the other a cyclist.

All 65 wardens will be able to use the kits to collect samples of spittle which can be taken away for analysis.

Inspector David Legge, of Lothian and Borders Police, said the force would make full use of the technology.

"Even just the thought of being spat upon will sicken and repel most people and nobody should have to work with the fear of this happening to them," he went on.

'Powerful tool'

"We will not accept violence or the threat of such for carrying out their duties.

"People who choose to resort to physical means will be pursued and the powerful tool of DNA profiling used for that purpose.

"The public will by now, be aware of just what can be done in the DNA evidence arena and we intend to fully use it."

Train and bus staff in parts of Scotland have been issued with similar kits to increase the chances of catching their attackers.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3561098.stm

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Traffic wardens sacked - for being too nice

Two parking wardens have been sacked for not dishing out enough tickets.

Phil Mansell, 49, and Bruce Edwards, 52 - who dealt with 10 car parks in Bromsgrove - were told to hand out more £30 fines.

Bosses demanded they boost their fines average from 14 to nearly 20 a day, reports the Daily Mirror.

Phil claimed that his manager made him fine a woman of 85 who parked outside a store to pick up her handicapped husband. He was also allegedly told to ticket a Royal Mail van that halted to pick up post.

When the men complained, they were sacked. Because they were new on the job they could not take any action.

Phil claimed: "There was a lot of harassment and intimidation to fine people. Police and paramedic vehicles were also seen as targets.

"Many people see parking wardens as mini-Hitlers. That's why we liked to be sympathetic to motorists. But we always did our job properly."

Bruce, also from Bewdley, added: "I've done nothing wrong. I don't deserve to be bullied into taking cash off other people just to swell council coffers."

A Bromsgrove Council spokesman said: "We know we're not giving tickets to everybody who is parking illegally. We want to increase performance."

Source: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1089701.html?menu=

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here