Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tour de france anyone? lol anyone!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't wait for it. Starts nicely in time to fill the gaps between WC matches.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What does the thread title mean? Is the concept of the Tour de France laugh out loud funny?

I am really looking forward to this years tour though. There does not seem to be any clear favourites and it is beginning to look like the anti doping measures are working. Hopefully we will have a clean and exciting race this year.

And we have Team Sky and Cavendish, it's gonna be a good Tour for Britain.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I love watching the Bicycles on the mountain stages. :thumbsup:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Not just the mountain stages though some of the descents make you feel like the cameraman is on some extreme fairground ride. On days where the stages are just a flat trudge across France the evening highlights are always well worth watching for the final sprint and the inevitable pile-up near the end. For me too a good way to bridge that awkward gap between the end of one football season and the start of another

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not just the mountain stages though some of the descents make you feel like the cameraman is on some extreme fairground ride. On days where the stages are just a flat trudge across France the evening highlights are always well worth watching for the final sprint and the inevitable pile-up near the end.

Stage 1 ends on cobbles this year IIRC.

And there's definitely no great love for Cav following his antics last week and in the tour last year -could be a bit tasty at the final sprint.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have Team Sky been competeing in the other tours prior to this Pantani?

I know there was some dodgy news regarding their head coach recently.

I'm going to make a real effort with the tour this year, no excuses with the highlight shows being on the internet.

They have been involved in every Tour and Race pretty much. Wiggins was close to the front in the Giro whilst riding within himself. If you really want to waste your summer indoors Eurosport is available on the interweb for a mere £4. I shall be investing for the Tour.

Don't know anything about dodgy news though. My favourite cycling story at the moment is this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/8721649.stm. Motorised bikes :facepalm:

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Prediction

Yellow;

1. Contador
2. Armstrong
3. Wiggins

Green
Cav if he doesn’t fall over again.

Polka
Contador

White
Nicholas Roach

First Failed Dope Test someone from Katusha

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
What does the thread title mean? Is the concept of the Tour de France laugh out loud funny?

I am really looking forward to this years tour though. There does not seem to be any clear favourites and it is beginning to look like the anti doping measures are working. Hopefully we will have a clean and exciting race this year.

And we have Team Sky and Cavendish, it's gonna be a good Tour for Britain.

Well I know quite a few people find cycling boring and just dont get it. Thats why I put anyone in the title, because the cycling threads usually end up on page2 after 10 minutes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It gives the FRENCH something else to watch as Lord B alludes to!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well I know quite a few people find cycling boring and just dont get it. Thats why I put anyone in the title, because the cycling threads usually end up on page2 after 10 minutes.

Fair enough, I suppose, but you are more likely to alienate those who do like cycling by doing that, why apologise to those who do not care?. Last years tour thread was around for the entire race and ran to several pages, so there is some interest on here.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
add me to the list of those that LOVE the tour. superb TV. wish cavendish would stop acting like a bell-end though. oh and i can't see wiggins finishing on the podium this year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here