Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toughmans question to DK (for those who missed it)

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I loved the way he seemed to think that Dick Knight was there purely to keep bankrolling the club.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
fatboy said:

Then Toughman lost it and started talking bollocks.

Afraid I didn't spot the change over.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Rangdo said:
Afraid I didn't spot the change over.

His original question "Why can Leeds buy players when they are so much in debt, yet we can't" or however he phrased it, was a valid one.

And one that DK did not answer.

A simple answer such as "Leeds can borrow against their assets" would have sufficed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think I may have mixed up the callers and it was Simon who started on about the £100 donations not Toughman. The simple answer from DK to Toughman should have been Leeds directors run the club the way they want to I run Brighton the way I want to and then explain the respective financial positions not throw his dummy out as he did.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
fatboy said:
His original question "Why can Leeds buy players when they are so much in debt, yet we can't" or however he phrased it, was a valid one.

And one that DK did not answer.

A simple answer such as "Leeds can borrow against their assets" would have sufficed.
Valid yes, but he's still a moron for asking it and making an idiot of himself and in the process making the fans in general look like twats. It's obvious that due to them having larger assets that they can borrow against and larger crowds with which they can guarantee income that they will be able to get money to invest.
Basically the club is begging us for money to fund the inquiry, we can't get gates over 7000 and this muppet is talking about buying strikers and putting us on a one way trip to bankruptcy. :tosser:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Rangdo said:
Valid yes, but he's still a moron for asking it and making an idiot of himself and in the process making the fans in general look like twats. It's obvious that due to them having larger assets that they can borrow against and larger crowds with which they can guarantee income that they will be able to get money to invest.
Basically the club is begging us for money to fund the inquiry, we can't get gates over 7000 and this muppet is talking about buying strikers and putting us on a one way trip to bankruptcy. :tosser:

Obvious to anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence, but remember, not everyone has that level of intelligence.

The phone in is, after all, there for fans to ask genuine questions.

Dick Knight could have treated him like an idiot and answered it, instead of sidestepping the question.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Curious Orange said:
I can't believe people don't understand what they are getting out of their donations. It's obvious - the Albion's continued existence.

He said the existence is secured, the donations - if £2.2 million (or whatever) is reached then we will be able to compete in the transfer market.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its simple business. Asking someone to come forward and invest in a club with no stadium is like putting money into a clothes maker who has no factory to make the clothes in.

Its pretty fecking simple, why don;t some people get it ? :dunce: .

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
fatboy said:
He said the existence is secured, the donations - if £2.2 million (or whatever) is reached then we will be able to compete in the transfer market.

Yes, I know. I'm not very eloquent at weekends. What I was driving at was that donating is something you do out of love - you shouldn't expect anything in return other than to continue to see the Albion play at a decent level and, hopefully, in better conditions. The "I've given £100, where's my seat on the board" attitude is rather missing the point.

Before I chipped in I thought that £250 was a lot, but then I thought about how much I'm likely to spend over the course of my life supporting the Albion, and it's actually very little in comparison. I get a lot of pleasure watching the Albion, how could I not give something in return?

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yes I agree with all that has been posted but I do feel that the simpletons amongst us do deserve an answer from the chairman as to why a club in (?) administration with debts that they do are able to bid silly money for players while we make do with defenders up front.

And that was what Toughman asked in his first question.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
If DK had answered it that would havwe been the first direct answer he has ever given. Normally he beats politicians with his evasive answers.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
BensGrandad said:
If DK had answered it that would havwe been the first direct answer he has ever given. Normally he beats politicians with his evasive answers.

Agreed.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
DK is a bit more honest than Delia's meaningless share issue at Norwich. That's like salad dressing. Grasshopper sandwiches called prawns.

It is a bit tricky speaking on the radio against unintelligible questions.

I don't blam DK for being reluctant to appear on SCR. But it is his job. His role in life is to keep the fans happy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BensGrandad said:

Perhaps you would like to take over and give £1.7million of your own money to the club you supposedly love.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I can't believe the twat who is 'toughman' has'nt even got the balls to use his real name. Pathetic, if he was only 16 then I could understand the excitement of using a nickname to maybe fool his mates - but this pillock sounds like he's at least in his mid twenties.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
DK was disticntly unimpressed with Toughman's name.

No listen Toughman or whatever your name is, I would like to address you by your real name

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here