Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toughmans question to DK (for those who missed it)

Oct 5, 2003
"Those two idiots used up all Dick's question time". I know fully agree I could even ask Dick Tight a question myself!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Re earlier question re what the £7.1m invested by directors is made up of

The share capital invested by the directors is about £5.5m - this was previously loans which was converted to share capital when Archer was paid off

Adenstar - a directors construction comapny have also paid £0.5 for first refusal to bid re Falmer stadium tender

I would guess the remaining £1.1m is further loans from the directors not yet converted to share capital; such as last seasons "substantial investment" from Fatboy Slim

The split of what the £7.1m has been spent on i would guess to be along the lines of:

- £0.7m to pay off Archer
- £2.5m to convert Withdean to temporary stadium
- £2.0m trading losses re two seasons at Gillingham
- £0.5m loss re two seasons in old Div 3 at Withdean
- £0.3m loss re season in old Div 2
- £0.9m loss re season in old Div 1
- £0.2m loss re last season after play off money and first installment from Spurs re Zamora fee

The above are all from memory re past club statements - last seasons figure a guess

The shortfall ( hence current Alive and Kicking appeal ) being that on top of the above the Falmer application will have cost best part of £2.5m by the time next years three week or so public enquiry is paid for.

Plus we now have to pay £0.36m to the Inland Revenue re the delayed Capital Gains Tax re sale of the Goldstone re the continual delays to the building of Falmer.

If Falmer had been a yes decision by now I would guess that the £0.36m would not have had to be paid and that a "stadium development company" would have been set up which once it received grant funding / loans etc secured against the stadium project would have then repaid the football club £2m or so re the cost of the Falmer planning application / public enquiry

To have achieved three promotions in four years with the above constraints is a fantastic achievement

To have beaten an ex Premiership team with about half the team products of our youth system makes it even more special

If i was Dk and had led the club to achieve all of the above i think i would be a bit pissed off as well by some of the criticism he got yesterday ( i did not hear the phone in / am only going by posts on NSc about it )

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Thanks for that, praise the board!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Listening to those idiots question DK made me almost long for Hugo to phone up whilst he was adjusting his curtains again:D

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
BensGrandad said:
Which is the exact reason why we as a club cannot atract investors at the moment. When Falmer is granted they will be coming forward.

I know that I shall get slated for my opinion but nobody can give me a good reason why I should donate money to a PRIVATE COMPANY and its directors who will be the main benefactors eventually. This is nothing to do with being a supporter it is the DUTY of the board to keep the club afloat however they see fit. Not that of the supporters of the club to bail out the company.

What are you doing on this site. You even have the audacity to suggest that slick shite doesn't answer questions. Do you not realise what you are saying. If he gave us answers we would all know where the money is going and we wouldn't have a crisis.

PS is Dick a scouser in disguise?

the uninformed

Jul 27, 2004
BensGrandad said:

I know that I shall get slated for my opinion but nobody can give me a good reason why I should donate money to a PRIVATE COMPANY and its directors who will be the main benefactors eventually. This is nothing to do with being a supporter it is the DUTY of the board to keep the club afloat however they see fit. Not that of the supporters of the club to bail out the company.

I will give you a great reason BG. Without donations and financial backing (shirt sales etc) from the supporters, the club will go under. By donating you are helping the Albion survive to provide great pleasure to the local community for generations to come. Could there be a better reason? Personally, if I am able to take my children to Falmer (when I get round to having some!) I would say that I would have been the greatest benefactor, not D.Knight.
Surely it is the duty of the supporter to help keep his / her club alive as we all benefit from it.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
"To have beaten an ex Premiership team with about half the team products of our youth system makes it even more special"

What a crap statement...Why don't you mention Sheff Weds or Barnsley. That mess we played Saturday are no reflection of a Premiership team. Do you really believe they will return to the Premiership in the next couple of years. Or am i misinterpretating what you have said and you believe that Dick should be praised for their demise?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
the uninformed said:
I will give you a great reason BG. Without donations and financial backing (shirt sales etc) from the supporters, the club will go under. By donating you are helping the Albion survive to provide great pleasure to the local community for generations to come. Could there be a better reason? Personally, if I am able to take my children to Falmer (when I get round to having some!) I would say that I would have been the greatest benefactor, not D.Knight.
Surely it is the duty of the supporter to help keep his / her club alive as we all benefit from it.

I assume that you (like DK on Saturday) are including all the 30,000 fans that we have. How many have donated out of that 30,000. If 30,000 like he quoted is our potential fan base then isn't Falmer falling short of what we need or is it more DK spin about us being a big club.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Saint Lennard said:
I assume that you (like DK on Saturday) are including all the 30,000 fans that we have. How many have donated out of that 30,000. If 30,000 like he quoted is our potential fan base then isn't Falmer falling short of what we need or is it more DK spin about us being a big club.

I don't like you at all.

the uninformed

Jul 27, 2004
Saint Lennard said:

Including them in what? I'm not sure what your question is, or if indeed you have read my post.
If fans decide not to donate that is a personal choice and I respect that. I also understand that not everyone is fortunate enough to be financially able to contribute. My post was in response to the question "why" donate, and "who benefits". The 30,000 will all benefit if Falmer is built, yes. Will they all turn up on a cold Tuesday night to watch Cambridge in the worthless cup? No.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and is 30000 the exact, precise number ? how was it measured, and how is the figure kept up to date ?

SAKE :jester:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
the uninformed said:
Including them in what? I'm not sure what your question is, or if indeed you have read my post.
If fans decide not to donate that is a personal choice and I respect that. I also understand that not everyone is fortunate enough to be financially able to contribute. My post was in response to the question "why" donate, and "who benefits". The 30,000 will all benefit if Falmer is built, yes. Will they all turn up on a cold Tuesday night to watch Cambridge in the worthless cup? No.

Apologies for letting my cynicism cloud my message. DK keeps on about the 30,000 that went to Cardiff and that they took that figure into account when deciding whether to go with the donation idea. I just question his judgement again because there was a proportion of those people that will never go and see albion again (just went for the occassion or to have a chance to go to the millenium stadium). We are not even selling out games at the Withdean in this Division so how was he REALISTICALLY expecting to raise £2m from 5,000 or less supporters?

Why do we seem to think that we will get 20,000+ sell outs when we move? We have missed generations of young fans through poor marketing and the problems of Withdean and Priestfield. How are we going to get younger supporters back when we charge Premiership prices for mediocre (in a kids eyes not mine i add) football and Ryman League facilities.

I admire him for being a trier!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
All this finance is a bit over my head - but I can't see how anyone could have done a better job for Albion than Dick K.

But his best answer to Toughman would have been: "Look, knobhead, we may have a defender up front but he's scored four this season. Whereas Michael Ricketts. who earns three or four times as much as Virgs, has yet to trouble the scorers. Now f*** off."

the uninformed

Jul 27, 2004
Saint Lennard said:
Apologies for letting my cynicism cloud my message. DK keeps on about the 30,000 that went to Cardiff and that they took that figure into account when deciding whether to go with the donation idea. I just question his judgement again because there was a proportion of those people that will never go and see albion again (just went for the occassion or to have a chance to go to the millenium stadium). We are not even selling out games at the Withdean in this Division so how was he REALISTICALLY expecting to raise £2m from 5,000 or less supporters?

Why do we seem to think that we will get 20,000+ sell outs when we move? We have missed generations of young fans through poor marketing and the problems of Withdean and Priestfield. How are we going to get younger supporters back when we charge Premiership prices for mediocre (in a kids eyes not mine i add) football and Ryman League facilities.

I admire him for being a trier!

Cynical you certainly are. I could answer all of your questions but I have a strong feeling my expertly written, witty and insightful essay would be in vain.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
the uninformed said:
Cynical you certainly are. I could answer all of your questions but I have a strong feeling my expertly written, witty and insightful essay would be in vain.

Your expertly written, witty and insightful essay is awaited with baited breath. Thank you.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here