Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Well now. GP certainly dodged the question on Neal’s omission. Did something massive happen in the aftermath of the West Brom game?

No Ryan. No Maupay. No Connolly.

Still delighted to see another one of our promising youngsters get a chance, so fingers crossed for Sanchez.

Yep somethings up regarding Maupay or Connelly. If they were injured, it would be mentioned so it’s either a bust up or Covid. If there was no problem Maupay, he would have been on the bench even though he’s been so poor in the past 2 games. We probably won’t find out but hope he’s back, fit and happy for Dyche’s mob.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Manager drops underperforming goalie and puts faith in youth

Manager drops striker after 2 poor performances for reasons unknown (could be personal, could be row, could be anything) and replaces him with a Belgium international who has been our most threatening player this season.

Social media: clueless, disgrace, sack him.

They haven’t even kicked a ball yet ffs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Definitely a game for AJ.

Even his biggest detractors can't deny the fact that he can win a free kick in the final third.

Tis the only obvious way we're scoring tonight.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Clearly GP is on NSC and desperately wants to win the Predict Potter's Picks - So with that in mind Swanny you are Graham Potter and I claim my £5 now stop F*****g about

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
30 pages and it hasn't kicked off yet

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Manager drops underperforming goalie and puts faith in youth

Manager drops striker after 2 poor performances for reasons unknown (could be personal, could be row, could be anything) and replaces him with a Belgium international who has been our most threatening player this season.

Social media: clueless, disgrace, sack him.

They haven’t even kicked a ball yet ffs.

How many goals has Tross scored then, compared to Maupay?

I’m not against Maupay being dropped btw, I like the bold selection... I LOVE the Sanchez pick. I’m on the Potter train.

But Maupay not even making the bench as our top scorer. It’s completely natural for there to be questions from the fans.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I admit Sanchez is a surprise and seems a huge risk... especially as Steele has been ignored too.... but perhaps the 'front three' might work. What's for sure is this is either the moment when GP shuts people up or the wheels start to fall off. I'm hoping for the former.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
@%1; your thoughts?

Is GP known for playing no strikers and dropping keepers?

Interesting lineup.

Sometimes over his career he played with no strikers. I thought that phenomenon would kick off some years agk with the invention of the false nine ago almost all managers use strikers in almost all games. But I think Trossard might be playing as essentially a striker tonight.

He did drop some keepers over the years. I would imagine Ryan got some kind of small niggle or something but its possible Potter is impressed with Sanchez. It will be interesting to see anyhow.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Love the pick of Sanchez, and I'm ok with dropping Maupay. No-one should be safe off the back of that second half last week. Surprised not to see Alzate back in, or Welbz or Connolly starting. Expect to try and keep it tight and maybe hit later with subs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here