Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tossing off puppies

Nobody “loves to run” when they’re suffering from bleeding lungs or painful leg injuries, but that doesn’t stop trainers from pumping these animals full of drugs to mask the pain, enhance their performance and just plain keep them going.

Not to mention the faith that the animal is blindly affording its' rider, that the fence it's about to jump is a relatively standard size and drop on the other side, and that it's subsequent fall won't also mean another horse falling on its' leg and breaking it.
A leg-break for a horse? Only a death sentence.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ah well, Desert Orchid was only ONE horse - and it apparently managed a fuller lifespan uninterrupted prematurely by a bullet.

Thanks for CONFIRMING that your hypocritical 'sport' meant so much to one used noble creature. "Par for the course" too, is it?

I have yet to see a tennis player get shot, (though some wouldn't be missed) after getting injured taking part in the sport in their own cognitive mission.

Hypocrite seems about the size of you.

you misread the post, par for the course meaning NSC exaggerrating as per usual you have mis quoted me to fit your own agenda but its not a surprise really

you misread the post, par for the course meaning NSC exaggerrating as per usual you have mis quoted me to fit your own agenda but its not a surprise really

Not really true though - I read your 'correction' and the acerbic comment in it, and simply responded.

I don't see that I have to pander to 'answer correctly' according to your logic.
You stated an apparent fact is response to my guess, and I simply stated, quite truthfully, that the flippant 'par for the course' you mention happens to be a nag too far.

But don't let facts get in the way of you fitting 'US's love of horseracing' into the equation regardless of the deaths you manage to BRUSH ASIDE.

You just carry on eh? Do the bookies offer odds on attrition?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
NMH you said 4 had died, it was infact 1.

NMH you said 4 had died, it was infact 1.

I KNOW what the f*** you SAID - don't YOU understand the reply?

I am telling you that ONE is atrocious you idiot, and the fact is that you keep repeating your stupid statistic as if ONE doesn't really matter. Your histrionics are for all to see while you ignore statements made by others that absolutely underline the hypocrisy of you and your favoured 'sport' (a corrupt business to line the pockets of the seedy, is all that it actually is)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But it's alright for that horse to die? But chucking a puppy over a cliff should result in the death penalty? That's your point of view isn't it?

For heavens sake I did not say that, did I , showl me were I said it was ok for a horse to die, all, I did was correct NMH on the number of fatalties didn't I.

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I KNOW what the f*** you SAID - don't YOU understand the reply?

I am telling you that ONE is atrocious you idiot, and the fact is that you keep repeating your stupid statistic as if ONE doesn't really matter. Your histrionics are for all to see while you ignore statements made by others that absolutely underline the hypocrisy of you and your favoured 'sport' (a corrupt business to line the pockets of the seedy, is all that it actually is)

You really are going over the top now. All i did was tell you the number of fatalities. You did a post saying it was 4 YOU were WRONG. I did not say it was ok for 1 horse to die, of course not. Where the hell do you get the right to speak like that ?.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is this acceptable in the name of sport, US?

logo.png

216 deaths in 458 days.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very emotive Trigger but Horses legs can shatter at anytime, Wild Horses legs can shatter just trotting along. Flat race horses legs can shatter its not just jump horses. So the picture has great emotinonal impact before looking at the facts.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its not good. I can see how people may say its hypocritical to have such strong beliefs in Animal Welfare and still love Horse Racing. I cannot fully defend myself on that although I do think the Horses love the races and are looked after very well but fatalities will always happen and I cannot condone it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here