Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tossing off puppies

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In fairness Redland, its only the 10% of foals bred annually by the racing industry, that are considered good enough that get that kind of mistreatment.

The rest get shot....

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The rest get shot....
They arn't they are sold off to do other equestrian disciplines such as Eventing and show jumping !

My wife owns 3 horses that didn't make the grade as a racehorse, all three were bought at very reduced rates, all three have excellent bloodlines and all three are competing at a very high level at Eventing

So there :D

Oh and the puppy killers are SCUM :censored:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They arn't they are sold off to do other equestrian disciplines such as Eventing and show jumping !

My wife owns 3 horses that didn't make the grade as a racehorse, all three were bought at very reduced rates, all three have excellent bloodlines and all three are competing at a very high level at Eventing

Why let the truth get in the way of ill informed foundless posts , its the NSC way don;'t you know ?.

Why let the truth get in the way of ill informed foundless posts , its the NSC way don;'t you know ?.

I can't help noticing that you have selectively ignored anyone that has pointed out that racehorses ARE in fact subjected to whipping, and are at times treated in unfair ways. You seem to get very defensive in these situations, without actually producing anything in terms of facts or reasoning to defend your views.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't help noticing that you have selectively ignored anyone that has pointed out that racehorses ARE in fact subjected to whipping, and are at times treated in unfair ways. You seem to get very defensive in these situations, without actually producing anything in terms of facts or reasoning to defend your views.
Exactly. Stop acting like a histrionic self important TWAT, US. It used to be amusing, now it's plain f***ing irriating and boring. You're a f***ing hypocrit. :angry:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

SOME go to eventing, yes, but it is a tiny tiny proportion. None go for show-jumping. The selective breeding for racing would not produce suitable jumpers at all, just as specially bred show-jumpers would make hopeless racehorses.

if a few hundred horses a year do get bought for eventing that's great, but it doesn't really account for many of the 90,000 'surplus' foals the racing industry in the UK and Ireland produces annually.

Over-production is a huge problem, particularly in Ireland. The industry recognises the problem but currently is doing nothing about it.

Much of my working life is spent at UK racecourses, and at CCI**** 3-day events. I'm sure there are many topics where my views are ill-informed and groundless, but not this one.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
oh come on, we've all wanked of a dog surely! at least they didn't swallow....

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
SOME go to eventing, yes, but it is a tiny tiny proportion. None go for show-jumping. The selective breeding for racing would not produce suitable jumpers at all, just as specially bred show-jumpers would make hopeless racehorse.

if a few hundred horses a year do get bought for eventing that's great, but it doesn't really account for many of the 90,000 'surlus' foals the racing industry in the UK and Ireland produces annually.

Over-production is a huge problem, particularly in Ireland. The industry recognises the problem but currently is doing nothing about it.

Much of my working life is spent at UK racecourses, and at CCI**** 3-day events. I'm sure there are many topics where my views are ill-informed and groundless, but not this one.
I beg to differ sir, Many racehorses make excellent jump horses, as you will know, eventing includes all 3 disciplines so any horse that goes on to event can almost certainly jump !! I am not saying you are 100% wrong but not all horses that don't make the grade are shot. I know for a fact that many go on to have long careers in jumping, dressage and I also know quite a few that Hunt too
But I do agree that far too many are bred for which only a very small percentage actually race !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I beg to differ sir, Many racehorses make excellent jump horses, as you will know, eventing includes all 3 disciplines so any horse that goes on to event can almost certainly jump !! I am not saying you are 100% wrong but not all horses that don't make the grade are shot. I know for a fact that many go on to have long careers in jumping, dressage and I also know quite a few that Hunt too
But I do agree that far too many are bred for which only a very small percentage actually race !

Obviously all eventing horses can jump. Nowhere NEAR as high as Show-Jumping horses though. Its akin to saying that a prop-forward COULD play as a winger because they can both run.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Exactly. Stop acting like a histrionic self important TWAT, US. It used to be amusing, now it's plain f***ing irriating and boring. You're a f***ing hypocrit. :angry:

As least I used to be amusing. PIPE DOWN and get back in your pit :angry:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have never eaten horse but if I did I could never eat a Flat racing horse. It would have to be an eventer or a show jumper.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Only the ones that were quietly shot at the last Grand National.
Four, in one race was it?

Close NMH it was 1, par for the course, add 400% of the actual true figure and then post it on NSC :thumbsup:

Incidentally, that video was going around the net about 8 weeks ago, and many of us (the people who received it) wrote to the pertinent officer responsible for the perpetrators.

Great to see that some action is being taken, though I doubt it'll be much more than a gentle reprimand.

There was also a case of a Central American 'artist' who apparently found it interesting and provocative to tie a malnourished dog in a corner of a room until it died of starvation.

Close NMH it was 1, par for the course, add 400% of the actual true figure and then post it on NSC :thumbsup:

Ah well, Desert Orchid was only ONE horse - and it apparently managed a fuller lifespan uninterrupted prematurely by a bullet.

Thanks for CONFIRMING that your hypocritical 'sport' meant so much to one used noble creature. "Par for the course" too, is it?

I have yet to see a tennis player get shot, (though some wouldn't be missed) after getting injured taking part in the sport in their own cognitive mission.

Hypocrite seems about the size of you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here