Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tossers who left before half time!

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
I agree completely. I've never left before the end of a game, and god knows I've sat through some shit. One of the biggest pleasures of queuing for Play Off Final tickets was talking to people who left the Swindon game before the end and heard the score on the radio.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Agree, don't bother turnong up next time. Wankers.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I left after 55 minutes. Does that make me a wanker?

If I'd left at full time I'd currently be on a train. Arriving in Southampton at Half Midnight.

Leaving when I did I arrived back at 11pm.

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
So would you have left after 55 mins if we were winning?

You probably didn't expect to be home until half twelve so why bugger off early.

D

Deleted User X18H

I got to the gate and turn back got a coffee and returned to my seat.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
I paid to stay for the whole 90 mins so I will stay in my seat for the whole 90 minutes. However badly the team were playing and how goals down we were I would never consider leaving early.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Lewesian Seagull said:
So would you have left after 55 mins if we were winning?

You probably didn't expect to be home until half twelve so why bugger off early.

Nope. Never left a game early before today. The prospect of a 2 hour 40 minute journey home wasn't enticing though. Waited to see how the second half started and decided I'd rather just get home quickly - 1 hour and 25 minute train.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Easy 10 said:
And what was there to get back to ?

NSC ? ? ???

Exactly.

Im not being rude Turkey but does leaving after 55 minutes not sort of waste the fact the fact you travelled all that way and spent no doubt a fair amount of money?

A lot of people (im not talking about Turkey here because his dedication is obvious) seem to treat Brighton games as something like going to the cinema or an afternoon at the beach. It is something to do and enjoy but is limited to the time actually spent there.

While most of us live and breathe Brighton I am sure many people who go are simply interested in it while they are at the ground and think nothing of leaving early.

Maybe they have the right idea because I am sure it saves them a lot of heartache.

Then again they must also miss out on an awful lot of pleasure when we do well because it means so much more if you really care about it.

The people who leave early (not necessarily those who did tonight but those who leave early every game) are probably the sort who didnt bother to sign the Falmer petition and dont know who Archer is. I pitty them because when we walk out at Falmer all it will mean to them is a different place to watch football when to the rest of us it will mean so much more.

The only person I can understand who leaves early is an old guy near me who struggles to walk and his son walks him down with about ten minutes left.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ShorehamGull said:
I paid to stay for the whole 90 mins so I will stay in my seat for the whole 90 minutes.

I had EXACTLY the same trouble on me last holidays in the Canaries. Paid for a full day's sun-lounger then had to sit there on the bastard thing in the bastard rain for bastard HOURS :angry:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Exactly.

Im not being rude Turkey but does leaving after 55 minutes not sort of waste the fact the fact you travelled all that way and spent no doubt a fair amount of money?

Well yes, although it wasn't a complete waste because I had to get some things from home anyway. I wouldn't usually do it. Just so upset and couldn't face the long journey. I suppose this means I can't be called a morally superior superfan anymore! :D

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
On the way home I was thinking about why the hell anyone gets up and goes after 15 minutes and this got me wondering whether a similar sort of "attention deficit syndrome" affects other parts of their lives.

Like, do they get up and leave the Indian restaurant after the poppadoms if they didn't get enough mango chutney?

Do they walk out of jobs on the first day because there's the wrong colour bog paper in the lav?

Or is just giving up a whole 90 minutes to get behind the team they claim to support that's so difficult for them?

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can understand why people left early today. Fans that follow the club all over the country and travel back to watch that performance are entitled to leave if they want.

I would not do so but can understand why some did. Was a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Its the tossers who leave EVERY game early that annoy me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I just don't understand why people leave early - except for the old boy someone has mentioned.

There have been plenty of games that are dead and buried as far as I can see, only for something to turn it around. Or even if it doesn't there are things happening all of the time that interest me, or cause debate afterwards.

Biscuit, what's your view on the penalty claim when Hart was floored? Or the performance of the lino, or MM's reaction to it? How about Hammond and McPhee when they came on, should they be starting the next games?

I'm not picking on you Biscuit, far from it, but in hindsight do you feel you have missed out leaving early? I know I would. I have a bit of a treck home myself but leaving early doesn't make it shorter, and the 30 mins I spend somewhere else isn't going to be more interesting than watching the Albion.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Richie Morris said:
I can understand why people left early today. Fans that follow the club all over the country and travel back to watch that performance are entitled to leave if they want.

I would not do so but can understand why some did. Was a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Its the tossers who leave EVERY game early that annoy me.
Well everyone is ENTITLED to leave, Richie. Since the club has yet to introduce a lock-in. And I agree, the people who leave every game really annoy me.

But surely, if people are "prepared to follow the club all over the country" they could manage to demonstrate their support for a little longer than 15 minutes?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
roz said:
On the way home I was thinking about why the hell anyone gets up and goes after 15 minutes and this got me wondering whether a similar sort of "attention deficit syndrome" affects other parts of their lives.

Like, do they get up and leave the Indian restaurant after the poppadoms if they didn't get enough mango chutney?

Do they walk out of jobs on the first day because there's the wrong colour bog paper in the lav?

Or is just getting behind the team they claim to support that's so difficult for them?

:lolol:

listening to it on SCR it did sound quite amusing. Just as it was mentioned that fans had began to get and leave and then hey what happens Virgs scores a goal, then they didnt know what do with themselves after that!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here