Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tossers at kids football matches

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
My eldest son plays for Hangleton Rangers Under 8's and this morning they played against the Junior Seagulls under 8's at the Knoll Rec.

The Jnr Seagulls have a few cracking players and were 5-1 up just before half time, deservedly so.

All of a sudden one of the Hangleton lads fouls one of the Jnr Seagulls and some really tough bloke literally takes a swipe at one of the other Hangleton players and shouted at him "how do you f***ing like it?"

The kid was absolutely mortified and was shit scared to carry on playing and needless to day the kids dad was furious with this other bloke.

This just absolutely sums up what is wrong with the game in this country, when a 7 year old child is physically threatened by an adult.

This, in my opinion, has ultimately reflected terribly on the club and I am writing tomorrow to the Albion to demand an apology to Hangleton Rangers Youth FC.

Just thought i'd share the story with you

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
supaseagull said:
My eldest son plays for Hangleton Rangers Under 8's and this morning they played against the Junior Seagulls under 8's at the Knoll Rec.

The Jnr Seagulls have a few cracking players and were 5-1 up just before half time, deservedly so.

All of a sudden one of the Hangleton lads fouls one of the Jnr Seagulls and some really tough bloke literally takes a swipe at one of the other Hangleton players and shouted at him "how do you f***ing like it?"

The kid was absolutely mortified and was shit scared to carry on playing and needless to day the kids dad was furious with this other bloke.

This just absolutely sums up what is wrong with the game in this country, when a 7 year old child is physically threatened by an adult.

This, in my opinion, has ultimately reflected terribly on the club and I am writing tomorrow to the Albion to demand an apology to Hangleton Rangers Youth FC.

Seen a lot of that over the years and it is so wrong, Kids football is great it's just the parents that tend to ruin it. The best thing that can happen when that sort of thing kicks off is the manager pulls the players off and you all go home, And then get the Manager to report it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seen it a few times watching my nephews. Worst place I ever saw was Denton, load of tossers there, they would try and intimidate the opposition, how pathetic is that ? They should have been kicked out of the league.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
supaseagull said:
It's all about over competitive parents who are usually crap at football themselves!

All to true. Ive heard of incedences such as fights on the sidelines. Much more competitive than it was.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rather than complain on here you should report the club to the league and they will take action accordingly - probably ban the parent from going to games.

Do it - what do you think this parent will be like once they play full 11 a-side ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Beach Hut said:
Do it - what do you think this parent will be like once they play full 11 a-side ?

Thay get very ugly then! There's so many parents who think they're kids are gonna be the next superstar it spoils it. I allways tried to teach my little fella's to play with 100% effort but enjoy the game, It's not win at all costs.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Beach Hut said:
Rather than complain on here you should report the club to the league and they will take action accordingly - probably ban the parent from going to games.

That's what needs doing and the parent should be banned for a long time.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Beach Hut said:

I agree, that sort of behaviour has to be reported.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
supaseagull said:
It's all about over competitive parents who are usually crap at football themselves!

Is about the size of it often. One funny incident I had was when a 16 year old ref and the manager came up to me out of the blue and wanted to start after my boy's team had just won 3-2 away. I could have laughed it off, but they were called Palace Guard and the CPFC emblems on their track suits just made me see red so I just stood there and fronted them until a third member of their team pulled them away. It's funny looking back, but I was fully prepared to do the honourable thing.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
It happens at Cricket as well mate. Was playing a few years back when one of our team tonked a six that hit some kid. This kid then ran off and his psycho dad came steaming onto the pitch and took a swing at our batsman. Luckily for our player he had 10 others with him that had these large woode objects in our hands that we chased the bloke off with:lolol:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
supaseagull said:

that is absolutely shocking

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Beach Hut said:

Technically, an offence of child abuse has been committed in a public place in front of witnesses - report to local FA who I suspect might like to make an example of said adult. Might deter other doing it in future too ....

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Seen it a few times watching my nephews. Worst place I ever saw was Denton, load of tossers there, they would try and intimidate the opposition, how pathetic is that ? They should have been kicked out of the league.

Totally agree on Denton. My eldest used to play for Saltdean Utd as a wee nipper and at Denton the team got some nasty treatment on the pitch, egged on by a bunch of nasty chavs from the sidelines.

It got so bad that we had to withdraw the team in the second half before one of our kids got crippled. The chavs went beserk at that, called us every name under the sun, and started squaring up. Luckily no one actually threw a punch. as it would have ended up in a mass brawl.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We beat Denton home and away last season - no problems at all at either game.

Got pi$$ed off with them a few years back when they cancelled a 10:00 KO at 09:45 due to pitch unfit and we had left to go there. Suggested they do these things at 08:00 hrs prior to teams travelling.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
A ref I know always says that he would rather referee a match between two pissed up pub sides on a sunday morning than a kids match because the parents make his job so difficult and give him more grief.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Have to admit the 'competitive dad syndrome' is embarassing.. saw it quite a lot when my step son used to play... some of the dads of other teams were such total tossers. The manager of my lad's team always made sure that the parents of our team were level headed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here