Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party achievements 2010 - 2024

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Liz Truss did at least manage to make the banks LOADS of extra money from the rise in interest rates.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Again one from coalition period, maybe should made this question to 2015 - 2024, ie Tories governing alone. That's when it all fell apart

The pension freedoms legislation, which came into force from April 2015, allowed savers to flexibly access their defined contribution pension from the age of 55 and use the funds for a wider range of options, including cash withdrawal, retirement income products or a combination of the two.

In other word, no longer constrained by annunity products
OK! Maps to what @dazzer6666 said.

(I am still not going to back PR so we can have coalition governments, though. Ironically, former Liberal voters are even less likely to back PR and a coalition now, after Cleggy 'betrayed' the Liberal manifesto when he got into bed with 'call me' Dave. But I digress.).

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Lucrative PPE contracts given to anyone in a Tory MP's WhatsApp contacts list.

Ker-ching!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Consistent visible ethnic diversity at the very top of the party
Proving race is no barrier to being a total ****.
IMG_0139.jpeg
IMG_0143.jpeg
IMG_0141.jpeg
IMG_0142.jpeg
IMG_0144.jpeg

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They got Brexit done ;)
Reference document containing 127,200 posts. Last AI scan listed nil benefits

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Offshore wind is a good one.
My mate George Osborne introduced a progressive tax too -- on stamp duty. The fact that it was progressive and on assets was a good move.
On the whole, they got a lot right with Covid.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The Albion were promoted to the PL for the first time under a Tory government. No other party can ever claim that achievement.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Offshore wind is a good one.
My mate George Osborne introduced a progressive tax too -- on stamp duty. The fact that it was progressive and on assets was a good move.
On the whole, they got a lot right with Covid.
Offshore wind was great. Pity Cameron opt to "get rid of the green crap in 2015", banned onshore wind / solar and the code for sustainable homes

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The damage has been unprecedented IMHO, but to say nothing has been achieved would be harsh, here's a couple...

Expansion of Offshore wind generation (largely down to coalition with LD, but a wins a win)

Pension reform / pension freedoms, finally something to get employers to contribute and employees to pay in
I wonder what motivated Cameron to be so enthusiastic about wind farms?

And besides that, wind farms generate very little energy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
On Twitter a chap called Russ Jones is reviewing the last 14 years under the Tories...this is the first 7 of around 100 points for 2017

View attachment 185014

So no new homes have been built in the period 2010 - 2017 inclusive? 8 years? Really? Not a political bias, but the bloke is an idiot.
indeed

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
On Twitter a chap called Russ Jones is reviewing the last 14 years under the Tories...this is the first 7 of around 100 points for 2017

View attachment 185014

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
So no new homes have been built in the period 2010 - 2017 inclusive? 8 years? Really? Not a political bias, but the bloke is an idiot.
He should be clearer but he's right - the government promised they'd fund and build 200,000 "starter homes" over ten years to create affordable housing, of which none have ever been built. They went as far as acquiring some land...which was then used for private housing developments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here