Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If I were a member of the audience in the next leadership debate featuring Sunak, my question to him would be this:

Q. In terms of election results, the most successful post war Conservative leader was Margaret Thatcher. She once spoke of how as a girl during the 1940s she was hiding under the dining room table in her home one night, clutching the hands of her Mother and Father as the Luftwaffe flew in from the North Sea and bombed Lincolnshire. How do you think Mrs Thatcher would have felt about you leaving the 80th anniversary commemorations of D-Day early Mr Sunak?

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If I were a member of the audience in the next leadership debate featuring Sunak, my question to him would be this:

Q. In terms of election results, the most successful post war Conservative leader was Margaret Thatcher. She once spoke of how as a girl during the 1940s she was hiding under the dining room table in her home one night, clutching the hands of Mother and Father as the Luftwaffe flew in from the North Sea and bombed Lincolnshire. How do you think Mrs Thatcher would have felt about you leaving the 80th anniversary commemorations of D-Day early Mr Sunak?
I wouldn't bother. The tiny prat would only squeeze in a £2K reference.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BBC election debate live: Penny Mordaunt says Sunak’s D-day snub was ‘very wrong’ in seven-party clash
Then repeats the £2,000 lie.

And implies Russia will invade because they don't believe Starmer's commitment to nuclear deterrent.

She's gone all 'fight fight fight' mad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Then she foolishly repeated the £2K bollocks.
You beat me to it.

Glad it was noticed, however. Keep repeating the lie and some arse will believe it.

Fancy pinning your electoral hopes on conning credulous arses. :shrug:

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
You beat me to it.

Glad it was noticed, however. Keep repeating the lie and some arse will believe it.

To be fair to them, it worked between 2010 and 2024, they probably can’t understand why it’s stopped working.

The British electorate has been held in contempt by this party for quite some time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Q. In terms of election results, the most successful post war Conservative leader was Margaret Thatcher. She once spoke of how as a girl during the 1940s she was hiding under the dining room table in her home one night, clutching the hands of her Mother and Father as the Luftwaffe flew in from the North Sea and bombed Lincolnshire. How do you think Mrs Thatcher would have felt about you leaving the 80th anniversary commemorations of D-Day early Mr Sunak?
“I’ve already apologised for that, I just wish Labour would apologise for the £2k tax you’ll have to pay extra under them. I think Mrs Thatcher would have definitely approved of my furlough scheme and would not want us to go back to square one with a Labour Party which has no plan.”

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
My take on Sunak leaving early on June 6th is not that it was arrogance at all - don’t get me wrong he’s an arrogant man …more ‘entitled’ than anything…in fact as entitled as a Chelsea fan.

Boris was pure arrogance in situations like this, Corbyn too. Boris did whatever he wanted and didn’t give a F what anyone said or thought (examples too many to list!!) Corbyn did whatever he thought was right and didn’t give a F what anyone thought or said.

Sunak does care what people think though and so much of his false profile is choreographed with that in mind.

No, the episode on June 6th was in my view sheer idiotic stupidity on the part, not only of the PM but of everybody advising him. Simply had no clue how it would be perceived and media spun. Completely incompetent clueless clowns.

If it had been Boris and he’d been told in advance ‘that won’t look good’ he’d have probably said what do I care how it looks? Corbyn probably would’ve said they’re lucky I’m turning up at all !!!

Sunak would never have wanted to come out and apologise, he clearly didn’t understand how his actions would be viewed. Idiot.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Reading through various articles this morning the conservatives truly are in meltdown. In summary the general consensus seems to be

They should have replaced Sunak
The decision to call an early election was a disaster
Sunaks team are clueless
They expect to be passed in the polls by reform
Their MP's and many of their ministers are going rogue and campaigning entirely for themselves, having given up on the PM
The grass roots activists are thoroughly demoralised and are abandoning the campaign
They fear a canadian conservative level of collapse.

In short they are in total disarray.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Reading through various articles this morning the conservatives truly are in meltdown. In summary the general consensus seems to be

Sunaks team are clueless
Their MP's and many of their ministers are going rogue and campaigning entirely for themselves, having given up on the PM
The grass roots activists are thoroughly demoralised and are abandoning the campaign

:lolol::clap::banana::rave::rotlf::drink::O:kiss: :vuvu:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sunaks team are clueless

What a shame :lolol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Sunaks team are clueless

The trouble is that there will be no credible opposition come 5th July and following a euphoric victory parade the Labour Party will do as they please, subject to the in fighting and eventual self destruct. Then what/who?

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
The trouble is that there will be no credible opposition come 5th July and following a euphoric victory parade the Labour Party will do as they please, subject to the in fighting and eventual self destruct. Then what/who?

The Lib Dems seem eminently well placed to form an effective centre-right opposition.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
You beat me to it.

A lot of credulous arses will believe it Harry. Although a lot of those credulous arses seem to be now running towards the Snake Oil Salesman.
We just have to hope that we don't all get dragged down by those credulous arses into the slimey git's sludge.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The Lib Dems seem eminently well placed to form an effective centre-right opposition.
Hooray - free garden Jenga sets to make "Collapsing Tory" guffaws and abolishing Brighton and Hove Albion

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Sunaks team are clueless

After 14 years - this sound fine to me 👍

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But that might not be a bad thing. With an anticipated overwhelming majority, Starmer then can't be held to ransom by the far left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here