Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A lot of credulous arses will believe it Harry. Although a lot of those credulous arses seem to be now running towards the Snake Oil Salesman.
We just have to hope that we don't all get dragged down by those credulous arses into the slimey git's sludge.
Yeah....I'm torn between thinking Fazza as an MP would give him an unwelcome platform of credibility that would elevate him to every discussion table, or whether the more the public get to see of his grifting the quicker he is consigned to the ****-bucket of history.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It seems the years of lies, criminal activity, cronyism, thievery, chicanery, disdain for the law, disdain for everyone, fraud, deception, and incompetence can’t go on , as the Tory cabinet think they can, unchecked, unimpeded and without end.

Rather than scurrying around in the dark recesses of Parliament, changing laws to suit themselves and dreaming up yet more crass schemes to drain money from the populace, they have had to emerge blinking into the daylight to defend their position and make their case to the people.

Not in some beige conference room, being “grilled” by another Oxbridge Old Boy. Nor in the wood panelled echo chamber of the Commons.

But literally on the beaches and in the streets.

Sunak, like an equal opportunities mannequin dressed by its mother and sent to beg for a prefect position has all the confidence and poise of a duck that’s just been booted up the arse in front of his mates.

It’s not going well. It’s not going well at all.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Reading through various articles this morning the conservatives truly are in meltdown. In summary the general consensus seems to be

They should have replaced Sunak
The decision to call an early election was a disaster
Sunaks team are clueless
They expect to be passed in the polls by reform
Their MP's and many of their ministers are going rogue and campaigning entirely for themselves, having given up on the PM
The grass roots activists are thoroughly demoralised and are abandoning the campaign
They fear a canadian conservative level of collapse.

In short they are in total disarray.
I'm having my lunch on a bench by the war memorial in Rustington, there is a group of Labour canvassers chatting to voters and giving out flyers...plenty stopping to talk to them...not seen anything from the Tories here, I think they have given up already.

I really think there will be an electoral bloodbath for the Tories

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The trouble is that there will be no credible opposition come 5th July and following a euphoric victory parade the Labour Party will do as they please, subject to the in fighting and eventual self destruct. Then what/who?
I think I can live with that problem, after the last 14 years of destructive Tory government.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just on the post made by Tom Bombadil (a merry fellow) about Tory candidates/MP’s going rogue:

There is a LOT of people sharing their local Tory’s literature and hustings remarks with loads of them very clearly going native.

They have as little trust in the government as the public - NEVER a good sign.

A huge number of Tory campaigns are being run on local issues and trying to avoid talking about national issues entirely.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
The trouble is that there will be no credible opposition come 5th July and following a euphoric victory parade the Labour Party will do as they please, subject to the in fighting and eventual self destruct. Then what/who?
If Labour only wins by a small margin there may be a numerical opposition but it certainly wouldn't be credible.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Geez can we not just have a period of laughing at people who so thoroughly deserve to be kicked out in their droves before we start handwringing?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I do deliveries in Tunbridge Wells, you can't get a much more True Blue constituency. I have seen loads of Lib Dem signs and posters up outside people's houses, as well as quite a few Labour. I haven't seen one Conservative sign. This was exactly the same as in the Local Elections. The Lib Dems took control of the Council then. Have to say it's looking bleak for the Tories if no-one, even in affluent areas is prepared to show their support. Same goes for Crowborough where I live, another Tory stronghold, not one Conservative sign. Wouldn't surprise me to see a Canadian style collapse on the 4th of July

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm having my lunch on a bench by the war memorial in Rustington, there is a group of Labour canvassers chatting to voters and giving out flyers...plenty stopping to talk to them...not seen anything from the Tories here, I think they have given up already.

I really think there will be an electoral bloodbath for the Tories
On my way back to worked got tagged by a Labour canvasser, he wanted a chat said he was surprised by the amount of people that were pro Labour in an " eternal " Tory seat. He was speculating that the South Coast between Brighton and Littlehampton could turn a solid strip of red !

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Geez can we not just have a period of laughing at people who so thoroughly deserve to be kicked out in their droves before we start handwringing?
That’s one way of looking at it I suppose but gloating and jeering aren’t going to sort out the health service

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think all the tosh about needing a " Credible Opposition " if/when Labour get in needs to stop now. The Tory Party are not even a credible government the way they have treated the majority of the country. They deserve no voice until they show contrition for the last 14 years.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think all the tosh about needing a " Credible Opposition " if/when Labour get in needs to stop now. The Tory Party are not even a credible government the way they have treated the majority of the country. They deserve no voice until they show contrition for the last 14 years.
Then surely it’s the right time for another party to seize the moment, otherwise PMs question time will become a back slapping and self congratulatory waste of time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That’s one way of looking at it I suppose but gloating and jeering aren’t going to sort out the health service
It won’t but then I would argue the lack of a credible opposition would be no bar to sorting it out either

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Think you're a few decades too late for that. Parliamentary committees are where politicians are actually held to account :thumbsup:
I'll bow to your superior knowledge but I suspect you know what I meant even though I didn’t refer to being “held to account”. I thought PMQ ended with the dissolution of Parliament at the end of May.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Reading through various articles this morning the conservatives truly are in meltdown. In summary the general consensus seems to be

They should have replaced Sunak
The decision to call an early election was a disaster
Sunaks team are clueless
They expect to be passed in the polls by reform
Their MP's and many of their ministers are going rogue and campaigning entirely for themselves, having given up on the PM
The grass roots activists are thoroughly demoralised and are abandoning the campaign
They fear a canadian conservative level of collapse.

In short they are in total disarray.
The funny thing about the Tories blaming Sunak is that hardly any of this is down to him, this isn't a defence of him, Tories are putting the blame on him and ignoring the main reason they have gone to shit.

The decline is down to Johnson, the man who has run away after being booted out of office, the moment they lost the election was when it turned out number 10 was partying whilst the country was in lockdown.

I'm aware Sunak got a fine, but that was the most ridiculous fine, for the weakest of reasons, just so the police could say they had done something. He was early for a meeting, whilst for the big stuff nothing happened.

The poles were already through the floor when he left, there was no turning round that ship

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah....I'm torn between thinking Fazza as an MP would give him an unwelcome platform of credibility that would elevate him to every discussion table, or whether the more the public get to see of his grifting the quicker he is consigned to the ****-bucket of history.
I'm still at a loss to understand why this country's media, that seemed to ask Jeremy Corbyn what he was doing about anti-semitism every single time they interviewed him, remains totally silent about Farage's, UKIP's and Reform's long reported connections with anti semitism, islamaphobia and racism. Found this lot with a couple of Google's in about five minutes. It goes back decades and none of it seems to be being raised at this election.

I'd be very surprised if Reform are not putting up candidates with murky pasts connected to these issues. UKIP previously admitted failure to vet people https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/po...t-all-council-candidates-to-keep-out-BNP.html and they seemed a more organised political party than Reform do.

The TV companies and the newspapers consistently ignore the fact that there are questions to be asked and allow him to set the agenda in a way they never did with Corbyn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here