Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s about time the Privileges Committee dragged him in front of them, and stood him down as an MP, never mind a PM.
All the evidence of his misleading the House (lying) is in Hansard.

He should be charged, tried and hopefully in prison.

Prison you say?

Annoyingly, it’s the European Convention on Human Rights preventing us giving Boris what he truly deserves:

“In 2004 the 13th Protocol to the European Convention on Human Rights became binding on the United Kingdom, prohibiting the restoration of the death penalty for as long as the UK is a party to the convention (unrelated to its status within the European Union).”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Prison you say?

Annoyingly, it’s the European Convention on Human Rights preventing us giving Boris what he truly deserves:

“In 2004 the 13th Protocol to the European Convention on Human Rights became binding on the United Kingdom, prohibiting the restoration of the death penalty for as long as the UK is a party to the convention (unrelated to its status within the European Union).”

I can’t agree with you there. I am very much against the death penalty.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And so it begins

Former Conservative party treasurer, Lord Cruddas, has called for the leadership contest to be suspended after the delivery of ballot papers to party members was delayed following security concerns.

Cruddas, who has led a campaign for Boris Johnson’s name to be on the ballot, suggested the PM’s resignation should be rejected and that he should stay in his role until any security issues are resolved.

He called for the board to “immediately” suspend the leadership campaign and to allow party members to decide on a yes/no ballot to accept Johnson’s resignation.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

This has gone quiet.

I imagine they have given it up

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Sajid Javid has backed Liz Truss to become the next Conservative leader.
The former home secretary believes Rishi Sunak’s economic plans would lead Britain “sleepwalking into a high-tax, low-growth” economy and suggested his refusal to cut taxes risked Britain becoming a “middle-income economy” with a loss of “global influence and power”. Javid told The Times that Truss had the “willingness to challenge the status quo” warning there were “no risk-free options in government”.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

I've spoken to four Tory voters over the last two weeks and all of them said they would prefer Boris over Truss or Sunak. The more mad policies Truss in particular comes out with, I'm beginning to wonder if they have a point! :eek: Never mind, by the time it comes to the next GE only the people that can afford to eat will have the energy to vote, they'll also be the ones that have voter id. It gets more surreal by the day! :(

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And so it begins

Former Conservative party treasurer, Lord Cruddas, has called for the leadership contest to be suspended after the delivery of ballot papers to party members was delayed following security concerns.

Cruddas, who has led a campaign for Boris Johnson’s name to be on the ballot, suggested the PM’s resignation should be rejected and that he should stay in his role until any security issues are resolved.

He called for the board to “immediately” suspend the leadership campaign and to allow party members to decide on a yes/no ballot to accept Johnson’s resignation.

This has gone quiet.

I imagine they have given it up

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Watching Loony Liz on the hustings. It’s like someone put a 5 year old onstage and told them to say everything they know.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s going full Trump

[tweet]1554911362836480000[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sajid Javid has backed Liz Truss to become the next Conservative leader.
The former home secretary believes Rishi Sunak’s economic plans would lead Britain “sleepwalking into a high-tax, low-growth” economy and suggested his refusal to cut taxes risked Britain becoming a “middle-income economy” with a loss of “global influence and power”. Javid told The Times that Truss had the “willingness to challenge the status quo” warning there were “no risk-free options in government”.

Christ.

They are all mad.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fascinating to watch the internal utter shitstorm. Sunak is clearly the only candidate with a chance of winning the election with a vastly reduced majority, but has clearly pissed so many off behind the scenes they are all turning to the other one who will probably put them into opposition.

I simply don't get it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fascinating to watch the internal utter shitstorm. Sunak is clearly the only candidate with a chance of winning the election with a vastly reduced majority, but has clearly pissed so many off behind the scenes they are all turning to the other one who will probably put them into opposition.

I simply don't get it.

Labour must be rubbing their hands with delight at all this - they have enough material for two years of party political broadcasts

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I simply don't get it.

The Tory party members are voting for tax cuts and that’s it. They are not interested in the other stuff.

They know the next election will be tough but at least with Truss, they are fulfilling the old Tory mantra of looking after one’s financial situation in the short term above all else. Yes she’ll certainly lose the next election but will Sit Kier and his new centralist politics dare to reverse the benefits Truss has bestowed to them?

Like in Edmond’s brilliant ‘Deal or No Deal’, the Tory always take a reasonable cash deal first rather than gamble on the future. Truss will walk this and will be totally crushed in the next election.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
not a peep on the climate emergency from either candidate? or is that filed under woke nonsense?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t ever recall such a public leadership process. My god! They are going to look back on this period with horror. They have about as much dignity as naked coleslaw wrestlers. And it’s all going to be for nothing because they are toast come the next GE.

This would have more dignity if they did one of those US style competitions, put their hand on the door to No.10, last man standing gets to move in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here