Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I really am struggling to see why Truss is so popular.

She can barely speak.

She has also been in the news a bit recently critising her old school as failing pupils when she was there. To which the only sensible response is, any school that can get a gormless idiot like Liz Truss into Oxbridge sounds pretty good

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Last edited:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Do anyone tell Lizz the EU just signed an FTA with New Zealand that protects its farmers?

She threw our farmers under their own tractors

Yes, quite. Also why does the linked newspaper refer to Liz (Mary) Truss as Miss Truss in that front page article ! Is it a term of respect or is it more likely, and in my opinion correctly, a subliminal message and warning ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So the people who want to convince us all that they're going to "stand up to Putin" are actually terrified of Sky News?

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Accompanied a family friend to one of her friends for lunch yesterday, they were all at least 75yrs old. All bar one of the 8 other people there said they'd take Johnson back no probs as he's done a fantastic job, just been 'a bit silly'. WTAF!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Johnson has also missed today's COBRA meeting. What a child, he's feeling rejected. Is yet to understand the meaning of the word duty, despite probably knowing the Latin term for it.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Accompanied a family friend to one of her friends for lunch yesterday, they were all at least 75yrs old. All bar one of the 8 other people there said they'd take Johnson back no probs as he's done a fantastic job, just been 'a bit silly'. WTAF!

Having a chat yesterday in the pub with a mates wife….I always vote Tory she said, why I asked ? I always have and always will she says definitely, what do you like about there policies ? I don’t know any of them as I am not into politics but I know they are better than Labours…end of discussion.

So that’s the 30%

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sky News have cancelled tomorrow nights televised debate after Sunak and Truss pulled out.

“Two of the ​three candidates currently leading in the MPs’ ballots – Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss – have confirmed to Sky News that they do not want to take part,” the broadcaster announced in a statement. “Conservative MPs are said to be concerned about the damage the debates are doing to the image of the Conservative party, exposing disagreements and splits within the party.” :facepalm:

As anyone with a functioning brain can readily tell you, the damage to the "image of the Conservative Party" was already done long, long, LONG before this rancid sorry shitshow of a saga began playing out in the televised debates, with this bunch of Clown College contestants.

Dismal.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Whoever wins, unless it's Tom T, which is highly unlikely, will only be PM for 2 years.

The public will not elect Truss, Sunak or Mordaunt.

For the Labour Party, these live debates have been a dream - you can't buy propaganda like this - watching your opposition rip each other apart.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Having a chat yesterday in the pub with a mates wife….I always vote Tory she said, why I asked ? I always have and always will she says definitely, what do you like about there policies ? I don’t know any of them as I am not into politics but I know they are better than Labours…end of discussion.

So that’s the 30%

That sounds familiar, from conversations I've heard, and experience too.

It can be a generational thing, with the older generation thinking they should vote Tory, and influencing their kids, particularly those with little to no interest in politics, despite the decisions directly affecting everyone's lives. Mrs D's parents would always vote Conservative, and trust the party to be the best choice, and tried to influence their children accordingly. Thankfully Mrs D has taken more interest in things and votes with a bit more thought and also consideration for the bigger picture.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

So that’s the 30%

Not really a great surprise. You could find a Labour voter saying the very same thing about their voting habits and lack of knowledge re policies.
It has always been thus with probably more people than one would imagine falling into this camp. A substantial amount of people have little or no interest/knowledge in politics.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Johnson has also missed today's COBRA meeting. What a child, he's feeling rejected. Is yet to understand the meaning of the word duty, despite probably knowing the Latin term for it.

Why go to a stuffy old COBRA meeting when you can have some fun fulfilling your bucket list.

[tweet]1549004383408558080[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shame they didn’t eject him out up there

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Johnson going full Trump and talking about the 'deep state'

Some people will say as I leave office that this is the end of Brexit, oh yes, and the leader of the opposition and the deep state will prevail in its plot to haul us back into alignment with the EU as a prelude to our eventual return, and we on this side of the House will prove them wrong, won’t we?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Johnson going full Trump and talking about the 'deep state'

Some people will say as I leave office that this is the end of Brexit, oh yes, and the leader of the opposition and the deep state will prevail in its plot to haul us back into alignment with the EU as a prelude to our eventual return, and we on this side of the House will prove them wrong, won’t we?
If there is a 'deep state' it is absolutely useless at running the country lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here